Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Work has done me a favour

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Th0m0, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Hi All,

I'm going to be getting back on a bike after a four year absence. My employer has done me a favour by choosing to discontinue my use of their vehicle for commuting to and from work. This has allowed me to mount a credible argument with the wife to buy a bike rather than a car for such use.
    So the fun has begun with the search for a good commuter. I'll let you know how I go.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Win Win. Welcome to the forum Th0m0

What part of the country do you hail from?
    What sort of bike are you after?
  3. G'day Th0m0Th0m0, welcome to Netrider. Now, there's the 'credible argument' commuting Monday to Friday. What are the chances you'll be soon saying "Got to do some overtime...on the bike" on Saturday and Sunday too?
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Awesome news mate :cool:
  5. welcome aboard :) enjoy the bike shopping :)
  6. Welcome to the forums...
  7. top one Thomo! bike shopping is the best especially good when it's other people's money (though spending your own is great also), let us know what you're after so we can live vicariously through you.
  8. Thanks for the Welcome cjvfr. I'm on the Gold Coast. I'm looking at the smaller capacity bikes to keep costs down and nakeds are my thing. The new Yamaha MT03 is top of the list at the moment. I took it for a test ride on the weekend and its an awesome little machine.
  9. Yep lots of overtime coming up i'd say.
  10. Thanks for all the welcomes guys. Much appreciated.
  11. I saw one in the flesh and yeah, they're sweet.
  12. welcome to Netrider Thomo and enjoy the bike shopping :)