Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by lil, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Just wanted to say I had a lovely day on Monday. Jay's day off so he let ME go for a ride :angel: I haven't really ridden since we found out we were pregnant last June, so 15 months of virtually no riding (one trip to Port Douglas from Cairns and a couple of short trips to the bike shop...) after 12 years of riding every day. I can't get over how much having a little person you are responsible for can change how you ride, but he does and I don't mind a bit :D

So, I stuffed myself into my leathers (I'm not allowed to get a new set, so good incentive for me :wink: ), gave the wee wee man a last feed and headed off on a little loop. I stopped for fuel in Healesville but just enjoyed a little tootle around my old stomping ground. Ended up doing home --> Christmas Hills --> Healesville --> Don Valley --> Gembrook --> Lysterfield --> home. Though I did have a lot of wet bitumen and it was a little nippy, the pleasure I used to have riding all the time has been pulled out of the baby-hazed depths of my memories :dance: :woot: . My riding ability seems to have been somewhat downgraded :oops: , but it's SOOOOOOO good being back on a sportsbike doing what I love! Now to work out a way to go on all day rides again with the man I love ....
  2. Yay Lil!!

Better change your username handle: "Rider on hold; new mum!" to "Rider training smaller Rider: slowly but surely!"
  3. babysitters have a very good use sometimes....

congrats on the long awaited ride :D
  4. congrats lil, maybe a top is in order :LOL: or if you are going to have another get some panniers:rofl:
  5. You rode around your old roads, Lil? I thought you folk were in the deep north???

Whatever, I can't think of a person who would miss riding MORE than you, and I'm tickled you got to have a blast.

6. I'd recomend you take the hubby first :)
  7. great post lil and great news. funnily enough, i reckon i ride more now than i did pre-bub, because i know i have limited opportunity and make the effort commute on the bike where i used to drive.

welcome back to 2-wheels. i'm sure you'll get back to your old riding ability in no time. it's just like getting back on a bike ;)