Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Woohooo....got some wheels at last...

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by piper, Aug 19, 2006.

1. Hi folks,

I've popped a couple of comments in some of the other forums but I guess I'd better say high properly. Just new into riding, had my L's for about 3 weeks and took delivery of my new (kinda..) bike today, a '97 Yamaha SRV250. Its an awesome ride, love the classic lines and it doesn't sound like too much of a buzz box. Looking forward to coming on some of the rides and coffee nights.

2. Welcome Piper. What is your location? Just a little hint in your profile will do.
  3. Get a 2-into-1 onto that motor, re-jet it if there's any change left and enjoy! They're a nice bike.
  4. Welcome to the forum. Dont forget to fill in the location in your profile.. :grin:
  5. Profile's updated :)

I read about the 2 into 1's on another site. Does itmake that much difference ? I guess it would be more torque ?
  6. Mine was a 1995/96 model, it made the engine spin a bit freer and had a nice throb to it. It is noisier but it is not offensive in the slightest - they look good with it as well. Overall torque felt like it was more, but can't be sure...

If they are still around, contact Foran Motorcycles - they're in Newcastle, but I could be wrong... they used to have a whole cafe racer package for 'em - I got the pipe and clip-on bars - it was enough for me!