Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Woohoo! Got my bike this morning =D

Discussion in 'Showcase' started by grfxninja, Jul 2, 2011.

1. Finally got my new (to me) bike this morning :)

It’s a 2005 Suzuki Intruder LC250.

This is so much fun! I’m having an absolute ball, just thought I’d quickly tell all, then I’m back onto it again :D

I can’t quite describe the feeling - I’m sure you all know it - Closest word I can think of is Euphoria

:D :D
  2. Congrats!! Yeah, I think we all can relate to the feeling:bannanabutt:

Enjoy it, and have many many happy km's on her =D>

3. now you're going to have to change your username :p

4. Congratulations, I know how you feel!
    Now get out there and ride it as it's meant to...:D
  5. That's great, mate. Enjoy.

Now check your tyre pressures. If they're wrong as you ride out of the shop, that's their fault. If they're still wrong an hour later, whose fault is it now? "But they'd be right on a freshly delivered bike, wouldn't they?"

6. Thanks for the tip mate. Heading to the servo shortly, so I’ll check it out while I’m there.
    Went out and bought myself a new Cordura riding jacket and gloves today. Very comfy. Just need to get myself some boots and I’m set.

Can’t get this stupid grin off my face :D
  7. That first bike is always special: enjoy :beer:

ps don't forget some armour, coming off hurts even when it's not your fault ;)
  8. Yeah mate, the jacket I bought today has armour in the elbows, shoulders and back. Not sure how good it is, but hopefully I’ll never find out (touch wood!)
  9. I remember the exact feeling when I bought my bike - I rode the sh1t out of it and had this dumb grin on my face the whole time!

Then you find yourself at 4am getting out of bed just to go make sure that your bike - which is locked safely in your garage - is OK. You then proceed to stare in wonder, amazement and utter awe at how fvcking good it is.

Give it a week and you'll find that any excuse to get out of the house on your bike is good enough.

Oh the joys of a new ride...