Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

WOO HOO! Passed my L's today!

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by suzyq, Mar 1, 2006.

1. Hi All,

Just had to tell someone who cares! Passed my L's today, didn't know if i could do it or not, but no worries in the end! I still feel i have lots to learn though, but one has to start somewhere. Going bike shopping on Sunday, can't wait!

Can't wait to start riding around the block and hitting the carparks!!

Cheers
    Sue

PS I Just read the thread on Jackie, the lady who was hit by a van full of young blokes. If you haven't already done so, read it. What a great community this is.

2. Congratulations!!! You should know the following already, but just in case:

1. Get the second hand bike checked out by a professional BEFORE it becomes the love of your life.

2. Always wear gear.

Well done and I hope you enjoy riding safely for many years.

K.

3. Congrats Suzy!!
    Have fun shopping :grin:

4. Good stuff!!!

Welcome to the REAL world (not netrider, but motorcycling :roll: )
    Blue mountains eh? I reckon that'd be a great place for a bike :LOL:

JJ

5. Congratulations Suzy Q :applause:

Now the big headache of finding a bike. :?:

Good luck in finding the one that is just right for you.

6. how was it suzyqq , hard or easy ? can u give me tips got mine this w/e

7. Well done Sue, good luck finding a bike and make sure u leave enough $ for good gear. :)

8. well done !! see you at coffee nights or on some rides soon.

9. Congrats SuzyQ, I was a bit concerned when I spotted your nick, my daughter have been called SuzyQ by her gandparents since forever, and she has been talking about suprising me by getting her learners.

First thing I thought was ....you bloody beauty, now how do I explain it to her mother.....

again

wellllllllllllll done..

10. Oh Yeah, congrats in great quantity, SuzyQ. Now for a bike, and some gear and the richly educative process of riding. It lasts a life-time, but I guess you've thought that already!

11. Congrats SuzyQ, hope you have lots of fun and stay safe on the roads

Cheers Tom

12. Well done Sue, have fun bike shopping!

13. Gratz Suzyq

Well done now get out there and have some fun. :dance:

Cheers

14. Thanks guys for all your congrats! Woo Hoo... i'm still excited ..

ksystemz: all i can say is good luck. It wasn't difficult if you listened to what the instructor said. I have absolutely NO prior motorbike experienceThere were 5 people doing the course, 3 guys and 2 girls. We all passed. The first day was a bit of information overload but the second day i relaxed and it was fine. But worst case scenario, if you fail they will let you have 3hrs of one on one instruction to get you up to speed if necessary. I think the main thing that they are looking for is that you are confident and can follow the basic instructions. I really did think after the first day that i might not pass. But all was well :)

As far as i am concerned all i can do is get on, start it, go (not very fast), go around a corner and a bend (not very fast either!) and do an emergency stop(sort of). There is a fair amount of theory, safety mainly and road craft.

Anyway like i said i am REALLY looking forward to bike shopping on Sunday, I am lucky enough to have a 'motorbike knowlegeable' friend to take with me :) He is as excited as me :)

So now i am off to become the carpark queen! and go around the block and around the block and around the block! I am lucky enough to live where there are several options of going around the block in very quiet streets.

Thanks again guys, looking forward to meeting some of you in the future..

Sue

15. Hey Suzy, congrats on passing it is a big thrill I know :applause:

My first post here was titled "it may be a midlife crisis but at least its mine" So I like your sig.

Remember buy good gear.

16. Please excuse me lol, :LOL: but I still hold images of myself riding around and around and around the corner, until I felt confident enough to tackle the main roads. :)

But it is so ironic, how quick the confidence does build up. :)

17. Nice one Suzyq, congrats.

Best tip i can give you ,is go aound the block one way a few times then the other way ,clockwise and anti clockwise.
    First few rides i did ,i was good a going left ,on the 3rd day ,i couldn't turn right as i never tryed it .LMAO.

18. Congrats and have fun bike shopping!! :woot:

Cheers
    Lids
    :grin: :grin:

19. well done Suzyq
    hope to see u on one of the coffee nights
    where is the blue mountains anyways??
    :LOL:

20.  Top