Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

wondering about insurance prices and pro inspections

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by indo_bumm, Apr 22, 2005.

1. umm... im a newbie... i have no idea how much rego or insurance of bikes will be either third partee or comph??... would neone be kind enough to guide me in prices for rego and insuirance.. im in NSW... and bikes that i will probably get is cbr250rr, zzr250rr, gpx250rr, fzr250, and so on...... im also goin to go get my L soon so i would only be on ma Ls when buying the bike and gettin insurance and can i get nrma or some1 professional to inspect a bike for me for a pre purchase inspection?? if i can ... who?? what where?? and how much??... thx alot guys for ur help ... im very lost dun wanna get burnt with ma first bike... :D

2. partee, neone, goin, ma, gettin, dun, wanna

With language like that, I think you will have quite a few years to go yet before you'll be old enough to get your motorcycle learners - even in NSW.

But if you must know, you will probably be around the $2,500 mark for comprehensive on those sort of bikes. To be anywhere near close to accurate, your best to pick-up the phone and ask them directly.

As for pre-purchase inspection, https://netrider.net.au/forums/search.php will help you with that.

3. like mouth said, welcome to the forum...

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

4. Ouch @ $2500.

I was quoted $1300 for a VTR250 which I thought was bad enough.

5. If you're looking for a cheap bike to register and insure, I recommend against a CBR250RR. My boyfriend just bought one and his costs are double what mine are.

His comprehensive insurance is about $700 per year with NRMA, based on the fact that he's over 25 and has held a (drivers) licence for 8 years. HRCA quoted $1600 as they seem to take only riding experience, not driving experience into account. So shop around.

I highly recommend Motorcycle Inspection Services. They helped me buy my first bike a couple of weeks ago. email: Mis@Exemail.com.au phone: 9939 8501 web: http://home.exetel.com.au/mis Cost me $130

To transfer rego, it's 3% of purchase price. Rego itself for my bike (honda spada) is $90. Not sure about CTP yet as I have not needed to investigate at this stage.

Hope that helps.

6. I go quoted a shit load, so i just went with third party :) I always worry about my bike getting smashed to bits / stolen is the only problem :(

7. cmonn mate.... take it ez im young i kno... but aint dat young ... im on my p2 on my way to fulls.... thats for cars though....n i do pay for my own shit like insureance and everything and buy my own car. and i have an integra vtec aiite... with ma moneyy so im no kid but im sellin my car rite now too buy a bike and use dads car to uni... welll nehows.... shit.. cost 2500 for bikes to insure... i fink i willl go with third partee then but im scared it will get stolennn... but yehh thx guys im a newbie... ideas on wat gear i should buy??good jackets..... like a safe one.. but not too dear... dun wanna go broke jus for gear...

8. I highly recommend Motorcycle Inspection Services. They helped me buy my first bike a couple of weeks ago. email: Mis@Exemail.com.au phone: 9939 8501 web: http://home.exetel.com.au/mis Cost me $130

so they go to the seller and check the bike or do u have to take it to their workshop??... yehh thanks a lot this will help me as im clueless atm with bikes :p

9. Check out the website dude - it's all explained.

Basically, they go (with or without you) to the seller's place/dealership and check out the bike there then come back to you with a written report.

10. so they are popula are they??... good quality service??... thats gewd then ill call them for an inspections... btw is there ne other inspections services u guys know about?

11. Is it just me or do these posts take 5 times longer to read than any other? :D :D :D

12. indo, Ali G would be proud of your posts...

REPRAZENT!

8-[

13. And they say that text messaging is ruining literacy!

(hope I spelt that right)