Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Womens Leather Jackets - Plus Size

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Caz no 2, Aug 3, 2012.

1. Looking for a nice leather jacket, that does not look like the stock standard boring black.

Want something nice and well fitted with pink and black.

Anyone know of an online store or stores in Vic?
  2. I tripped over this site a few months ago. They have this jacket (and others like it):

Ruby Pink.

in up to 4xl.

I have never bought anything from this store, so I can't speak for the service but they do have a number of options. Hope it helps. Cheers.
  3. browse the US retail giants for the range of womens apparel, because you won't find jack shit in local stores.
    then find what you like. then find the best price for it.
    then ask your local retailer/distributor to supply it or buy online.
    it really is better to try on any leather jacket before buying it.

american brands like joe rocket, icon, powertrip tend to be roomier in the bust and more relaxed fit.

4. Depends on how plus you are. If you're anything like me - not only plus but a funny shape - you might need to have it custom made.

I've heard Tiger Angel (Melbourne) recommended a lot. They're making a pair of textile pants for me; just waiting for them to be finished.

Not cheap tho - when I finally get around to ordering my leathers (jacket and pants), I'll be up for a not so cool $1800.00
  5. Hell that's expensive. I knew they were pricey but I didn't think they were that much.

Do you mind me asking how much the textile pants set you back Greydog? I was looking at their goretex jackets/pants for next winter but it may be easier (and cheaper!) to get Dainese from OS - never thought I'd use 'cheaper' and 'Dainese' in the same sentence.
  6. A bit over $600.
  7. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on them when you've had a chance to try them out.
  8. I'll try to remember, but for that price, they'd better be fantastic!
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Am a size 20, big boobs and hips so many things just don't do up around the bust. But if I find anything that says size 20 in gear it would be the equivalent of size 16.

There is a great guy in Bentleigh that does custom gear and alterations and my friend has had 4 jackets sleeves altered and some gloves fixed after the dog got to them and he did a FANTASTIC job so will take my current leather jacket tomorrow and get a quote on a new custom made one.
  10. Who's that? Custom gear from a reputable company is definitely the go. Tiger Angel make their leathers in house and the garments we've had in for repairs are pretty well made.

We can do fluoro pink, but our speciality is race suits :)

11. A & P Leather, also known as Matador Leather Gear. Small family run business I think, Nick is a great guy and always willing to help.

266 Centre Road Bentleigh.
  12. Looks like you've got it sorted.
  13. But do they do motorcycle gear? Needs to be stitched properly to avoid coming apart in a crash.

Geez, I wish businesses would drag themselves into last century and have a basic website at least.
  14. Yep they do motorcycle gear but unfortunately he won't be able to do what I am after so have come across a few US sites that will make anything you like so am looking at this option.
  15. Some custom manufacturers make their own gear, others just get the items made up in Sialkot (city in Pakistan with a million handbag factories), and they're usually a bit shit, so it's always worth asking.

Obviously, if you want something made by a professional in a first world country, then you have to pay accordingly. Good luck! :)