Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Woman nearly dies after Brazilian wax

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by 2wheelsagain, Jul 6, 2007.

1. This got my attention! Nine MSN

A young Melbourne woman almost died last year after a trainee waxer botched a Brazilian and gave her a horrific infection.

The beauty treatment left the 20-year-old with some minor cuts, which later became infected and grew into a rash which extended to her chest, arms and neck.

The infection got so bad that at first Austin hospital doctors thought she had a flesh-eating disease, but discovered the truth when they examined her under a general anaesthetic.

This didn't occur just once, it occurred twice, and we have had other cases, though never as serious as this, where people will do strange things to do what they perceive as beautiful. etc

Who would have thought??????? :?

2. What's stupid about this is that the lady in question was a diabetic, and shouldn't have even considered the procedure in the first place. It's more a story about medical foolishness rather than appearance.

3. Agree Paul but I'm a sucker for a headline like that :)

4. Wanna bet how many people read it??? :LOL:

5. Well i dont believe her

I think she should show me and let make a decision.

6. Hand washing is soooooo important. Mum has a Beauty Therapy salon and trains a select few apprentices each year. There is no reason this should happen if the training is completed properly (supervision throughout the whole treatment, etc. ). Many small businesses with apprentices/trainees just let them go without training. I'm sure a part of it is the owners see trainees as a cheap labour option + a subsidy from the government. Having trainees should cost you more (certainly initially) as they need one on one supervision and training time.

Makes me mad :mad:

7. Hmmm, sounds like a close shave...