Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Woman calls 911 after McDonald's runs out of nuggets

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Zenyatta_Mondatta, Mar 5, 2009.

1. "US authorities say a Florida woman called 911 three times after McDonald's employees told her they were out of Chicken McNuggets.

According to a police report, 27-year-old Fort Pierce resident Latreasa L. Goodman told authorities she paid for a 10-piece last week but was later informed the restaurant had run out.

She says employees refused to give her a refund, saying all sales were final. A cashier told police she offered Goodman a larger portion of different food for the same price, but Goodman became irate.

Police say Goodman was cited on a misuse of 911 charge.

"This is an emergency. If I would have known they didn't have McNuggets, I wouldn't have given my money, and now she wants to give me a McDouble, but I don't want one," Latreasa Goodman told police. "This is an emergency."

A McDonald's spokeswoman said the company didn't immediately have a comment on the incident."

Only in the USA....
  2. Americans think everything is an emergency - if it affects them.
  3. This reminds me of the clip on i-am-bored.com called 911 abuse.
    One of the calls is a women calling 911 becuase she paid $1 for a taco and didn't get the taco.
    "I want my dollar or my taco"
  4. No shortage of selfish morons on the planet, unfortunately they're not just limited to the US.
  5. Yeah saw this yesterday. she shouldn't have called Emergency, but I thought it was wrong McDonalds wouldn't give here money back. She'd just handed over here money for a product. They didn't have the product she'd handed here money over for, but refused to give the money back.

That is just Fraudulent Misappropriation.

So as far as I'm concerned she had the right to call the cops, she just shouldn't have call emergency.
  6. "Latreasa L. Goodman" WTF. Only a septic could be called something so ridiculous. :LOL:

And it says as much about McDonalds customers as it does about Yanks... :LOL:
  7. Thats the impression I got too. Why the hell didn't the McDonalds give her her cash back. She paid for something which she didn't receive.
  8. Sounds like a toilet cleaning product.
  9. ...Only in America
  10. It's a civil matter. If you're not happy with goods and services provided, you don't call the cops you take civil action. People already complain about the lack of cops as it is to then lump them with t that is trivial stuff that is a civil matter and for which there are already laws designed to deal with it, even if those laws take too long to get action.
  11. So we know she's caucasian then.
  12. Mcdonalds sucks.

13. lol this cracked me up.
    She definitely overreacted to not being given her refund (which was owed to her) but she seems a can short of a six pack.

this and cathy airlines having to apologise to a person who missed their flight and then threw a tantrum rolling and kicking on the floor (all on youtube too!) just made my day

14. Actually it's not a civil matter. It's a criminal matter. It is illegal to take someones money for a good or service and refuse to supply that good or service. In Australia anyway. I doubt it would be different in the states.
  15. I don't understand why it would be store policy not to give a refund. Surely if your dealing with a nutcase you would just give their money back.
  16. Saw the stupid b!tch on tv last night, completely unrepentant about the whole incident. Maccas has come out saying she should have been given a refund, so they've done that plus given her a free meal!! ha ha ha, nice work Maccas.
  17. Imagine going into McDonalds, ordering and receiving your meal (in your hands) and then say "BTW I haven't got any money, how about an article of clothing instead?".

If you then refused to give the meal back, what would McDonalds staff do?

this is exactly what happened to this woman.
  18. so? it's not an emergency. Go and file a report tomorrow.