Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Woman arrested over hit, run

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Flipper, Jul 17, 2006.

1. http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,19814153-5005961,00.html

Woman arrested over hit, run

July 17, 2006 07:50am

A WOMAN has been arrested after she allegedly fled the scene of an accident in which she ran down and injured a motorcyclist, while intoxicated.
    Police allege the woman was travelling east on Kenmore Road at Kenmore, in Brisbane's outer west, at about 6.35pm (AEST) yesterday when she veered onto the wrong side of the road and hit the motorcyclist.

The female motorcyclist skidded along the ground before coming to a halt, near her bike. She was taken to the Royal Brisbane Hospital with two fractured wrists.

Police said the car driver failed to remain at the scene.

A 33-year-old woman was arrested at her home and is expected to be charged with drink driving, dangerous operation of a motor vehicle and failure to remain at the scene.

2. sweet god... thats crazy. I hope the courts aren't lienent with her!
  3. far out!!!! thats one of those things where i hope she doesnt get her licence back after few years!!! or at all... lots of bads there...
  4. How is it Politics, Law or Government?
  5. Because the conversation is inevitably going to move in that direction.
  6. Incoming book!

7. Glad to hear the rider's not too badly hurt.
  8. And when/if it does, it can be moved :)
  9. 3 years no licence , 200 hrs community service ,will be the sentence.

keep an eye out for the results.
  10. i'm impressed the cops got her, it'd be interesting to know how they tracked her down :-k

..oh and she's an evil biatch :mad:
  11. Maybe the biker caught the licence plate number? Or gave a good description of the car... Who knows :?:

I hope she loses her licence for a loooooong time.
  12. pffft she will get a slap on the wrist, suspension for DUI and small $$ fine..

When i was a victim of a hit and run, the driver was of an age that they got there licence suspended indefinately, 2 yr good behaviour bond, and no monetary fine.. and i was left for dead on the road after the driver hit me.. the courts can kiss my arse..
  13. Ge there is some Nuffers out there. Glad the biker is ok.
  14. unfortunately nothing serious will happen to the drunken idiot. if there was any fairness in our judicial system the driver would be put on a m/bike and run over at 60 kmh by the lady biker. now that would be great to see!!!!!!!!!

I hope the rider was insured.
  15. lock it up! it's not human!