Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

woe is me.

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by nibor, Apr 30, 2008.

1. hahaha.
    so to add to everything, and with 4 months of my suspension to go, i got a letter today.
    the sender info on the top corner of the envelope was

last time i checked, the only thing i did in NSW, was ride up for a mate's 18th.
    speeding fine lol.
    10 over, a measly $79 :grin: but 3 points.
    here's hoping theyre not transfered :?

what's next? :roll:
  2. Where about did the offence occur?
  3. I think the points are transferred :?
  4. Put an appeal in mate, half of them get lost in the system and you never hear back :wink:
  5. Well I suppose the $4 something fine that they sent me for riding through the tunnel was not that bad after all. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: I still cannot believe they went to all the trouble of sending me a fine for less than five bucks :shock: :shock: :shock: How much do you reckon the paper work would have cost? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

6. :?:
  7. on the princes hwy, between gray st, and south st, in kogarah.
    heading north.

linky for mappy

can anyone tell me if this is a fixed camera?
  8. Ooops -riding through the Sydney harbour tunnel without an e tag or whatever you are supposed to have. Us Mexicans don't have to worry about such things -yet

9. Approximately $0.40c for postage
    Approximately $0.01c for an envelope
    Approximately $0.01c for the paper bill
    Approximately $0.0001c for electricity that was consumed to print the letter
    Approximately $0.000001c for electricity that was consumed by the letter folding machine
    Approximately $0.2c for wages to the person moving the box of envelopes when it becomes full
    Approximately 0.005gms of CO2 emissions by said printer and computer

Over all, less than $0.50c
  10. Fark me Nibor, who and what have you upset? Geezus man, you're a walking target for fines.
  11. :shock: $4???????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

In your most sincere voice, ask to go on a payment plan, see what they say :p
  12. Yeah, Im pretty sure points are transferable from state to state now days as well..

Gezzzz Robin, the way your going you will loose your licence again on points before they even get a chance to give it back to you :LOL: :LOL: ..

Now who would of thought somebody actually knew that sort of useless information :wink: :LOL: :LOL: .
  13. Last year I paid a fine to the SA gov't. I still have not seen any points appear on my Vic licence. I know that they can...but I haven't had it happen to me, yet.
    Just pay..and hope.

But if you licence is suspended, don't you start clean (no points) when you start riding again? If so, then it shouldn't matter anyway.
  14. Apparently it takes SA up to 2 years to process certain road offences. A guy I knew got done DUI, didn't get his licence suspended until almost 2 years later. Bit slow...
  15. Yea probably was, there are quite a few scattered along the princes hwy, I'm told they help pay for our world class roads :roll:
  16. I'm pretty sure that points don't get transferred to your interstate license.
    This is from QLD Transport

Accumulation of demerit points – interstate and foreign licence holders
    If you commit any demerit points offence, you will be given an infringement notice for the offence. As soon as you
    pay the fine or have been dealt with by a court, the number of demerit points that are set for the offence are then
    recorded against your traffic history. If you gain too many demerit points you will be sent a notice from Queensland
    Transport advising you that your authority to drive in Queensland on your interstate or foreign driver licence is
    suspended for a specified period.
    The length of the suspension period will depend on the type of licence you were holding during the period the
    demerit points offence/s were committed and the number of demerit points you gained during the period.
    You cannot appeal against the suspension of your authority to drive in Queensland.

I've have had numerous infridgements in other states and never seen them added to my NSW license. You just need to pay the fine.
  17. Nibor, that is a fixed speed camera and is set up for a school zone.

You see there is rear street access to the school and college and a pedestrian everhead bridge as well. But rather than fence off the the footpath and force everyone to use those, it's obviously safer leave kids crossing Princes Hwy, cut the speed limit to 40kph and install a speed camera. Right?

Sorry for the rant, it just happens to be about 500m from my home so it shits me to see the camera every day.

If it makes you feel better though, urban myth has it that at one time that particular camera was the state's highest revenue collector so you're not alone.

18. how to avoid paying a fine

I read not too long ago (This will not apply to you since you weren't PHYSICALLY pulled over) that if you dispute a fine the officer that issued it needs to appear in court also. Wait until 2 weeks before the scheduled date and apply for a delay (I'm sure you'll need a good excuse though). Then when the next date looms apply for another delay. This stuffs up the cops schedule and they'll probably be too busy or couldn't be bothered getting jerked around and won't show up. The result is no-one is there to accuse you of anything so you come out on top and the charges are dropped.

N.B. I don't anyone who's actually done this. But, if I was desperate enough - anything is worth a try.
  19. Shit I know they are slow and always 30 mins behind but 2 years.......... :shock:

20. Nope it is still a valid licence and can be further suspended and demerit points still accumulate.

If the licence is canceled then when you get it back it starts afresh