Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Wobbly bar end weight

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by ZRX, Jun 24, 2007.

1. I just took the bar end weights off my GS500 to replace grips, and the one on the throttle side won't go back on properly. A little rubber stopper thing has come out, along with two nuts. I pushed the rubber thing back in, but the weight is all loose and wobbles around now.

Please help, I need to ride to work tomorrow. It would be a tragedy if I couldn't get there... :grin:

2. does the rubber thingy have a hole through it for a bolt screww?? and is it cut at an angle? Mine are like that so when you tighten the weight the rubber pulls itself in and tight. otherwise duct tape on the end for temp fix??
  3. Yep, now I've looked at it it appears that the screw is turning inside the rubber so it's not squishing up and tightening. Can't duct tape it cause it's the throttle side, but I think I've worked out a quick fix, hopefully it doesn't fall out!
  4. You can hold the nut with a wrench and tighten the screw a bit to compress the rubber, then shove that in there and you should be able to tighten it properly without having it spin...