Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Witnesses sought. Maleny - Stanley River Rd. 9am Sat 5th Jan

Discussion in 'Your Near Misses - A Place to Vent' started by JustARider, Jan 7, 2013.

1. I am interested in speaking with any of the riders in a group of about 10 bikes, who were heading up stanley river range around 9.10am Saturday January 5th 2013. You will know who you are as you were being recklessly overtaken by a red highway patrol car, around the tight blind hairpin corners just before the top. I was the bike rider heading down the range who came around into the corner to be faced with the highway patrol, on my side of the road, with a couple of (no doubt WTF is going on) bike riders hugging the left hand side as far as they could to try and allow the patrol car to force his way through. I have read Qld Police Safe Driving Policy, and believe the driver of that highway patrol was in breach. I would be interested to hear from any of these riders, in particular to hear whether you felt at risk by his actions. Please put the word out, as this sort of stupidity and recklessness needs to be stopped.

• Like Like x 5