Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VIC With fatalities on our roads still high, are we getting the right safety messages?

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by joetdm, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Hmm, seems some common sense media..
    I like the part where they say "It's also a wake-up call to the authorities who are quick to take credit for any drops in the toll and quick to distance themselves when it heads the wrong way"

Winds of change maybe????
    Comments end of article are too worth a read...

2. I assume that Max Cameron now resides at the bottom of the Yarra in company with a couple of hundredweight of concrete blocks :D.
  3. Someone from MUARC recommending a speed limit increase? Surely that is an early April Fools Day joke (even if it is right).

Wasn't a big part of Victoria under water early last year along with generally high rainfall. I'd have thought those two things would have kept automobile travel down a bit.
  4. Part of the state is always either on fire or under water, it seems like.
  5. Finally a sensible question about the roadtoll has been asked, now i wonder if there will be a sensible answer.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. While I like the article it's a bit rich coming from the supposedly "independent" media who have been wholly complicit in perpetrating the current road safety lie. Had they done their actual jobs and questioned government road safety policy and the hokey "statistics" TAC and the like use to push their agenda perhaps more people would still have a license, not have had accidents and may still be alive.

For the most part in the last 10-15 years the media they have been a propaganda arm of TAC, Vicpol, successive state governments and those with vested interests.
  7. Maybe "somebody" should post that link on the TAC facebook page?
  8. If the opportunity arises I will. Unfortunately we can't 'open' post on their wall........the po-po's however :D
  9. aww good chance for a netrider poll!