Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Wish me luck guys!!

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by Guest, Feb 17, 2005.

1. I'm doing the big ride into work tomorrow. It is my first time and I am a just a little bit nervous. Trying to figure out the best way to go - I suppose there is no best way in peak hour traffic. lol!! I don't think I will be lane splitting that's for sure. No doubt, the first thing I will do when I get to work is light up a ciggie. lol!!!

Then after work - I'm going into coffee, I HAVE BEEN TOLD. hehehe

Been out and about on the bike this week. I even went over to Debs Tuesday night and you should have seen her face when I pulled up in her driveway. Priceless!! lol!! She thought for sure I was going to drive over. hehehehe :p :LOL: :LOL:

I am more confident than I have been but not overly. Cars still scare the crap out of me. lol!! All good, it's about time me and my bike got more acquainted. lol!!

Cheers
    Lids
    :D :D

2. No luck required, you'll do well... I reckon you'll so excited by the time you get to work you'll forget all about the smokes.

Being woried about cars is good, means you'll be extra cautious

Relax and enjoy!

JJ

3. Go Lids, you'll get there no worries
    See you at Coffee

Dave

4. Go Lids :D

I have every faith that you will have a great day for riding into work, just be confident cos you CAN do it!

I'll catch you at coffee night tomorrow :D

5. You'll be okay, stay calm & confident :) See you at 'coffee'

6. Riding to work

Go Lids Go!!
    You'll be alright
    I was considering doing the riding to work for the first time as well tomorrow.
    Because I start at 0700hrs, I have to leave by six, that means I'll miss most of the morning traffic. My worry is on the way home at 3:30! :LOL:
    Anyway good luck
    Nodz

7. Just keep your space and safety buffers. Control the space in front of you, don't stress too much about what is happening behind you. Just give plenty of indication when changing lanes and turning and the other road users will cut you a bit of slack. Most of all enjoy the exhillaration that comes with negotiating Melbourne traffic. Have a coffee for me and enjoy.

8. Best wishes Lids... :D

You'll be fine...I will have to make the trip in for coffee myself sooner or later

:)

9. It sounds like you are doing A OK :D

But if ya really want us to wish you luck...

Good Luck :D :D :D :D

Lisa :twisted:

10. I started riding to work the monday after I picked up the bike, I had to, my "20 trip" bus ticket ran out :?

Was nervous on the way in, loved it on the way back (51 k round trip)

I had to take the car in today as it was getting serviced...BOOORRRINNNG!!
    Bought the bike mid Jan, just clocked over 1000 k's of my riding :D

Do the trip once, and they wont get you off the bike :p

JJ

11. Have at it Lids!!!!

If you are a little worried about the amount of traffic you could try leaving a little earlier or later when the traffic isn't as hectic.

12. I know you'll start off nervous, but relax, take your time and ...

you'll do just fine!!! \:D/ :biker: \:D/

(And it'll take a scouring pad to wipe the smile off your face when you get to work!) :LOL:

13. Just picture every one nude...ops that’s my wrong tip! That’s my tip for when you’re talking in front of a large crowd.... a heck you don’t need luck! You will do it with skill! Just remember to have fun and when you get there.....not to keep grinning all day from the fun, or people will start to look at you funny!

14. Just put a big sign on the back
    "bad tempered biatch stay back or else " :LOL: :LOL:
    no one will be game enough to come 100 metres

LIDS= Then after work - I'm going into coffee, I HAVE BEEN TOLD. hehehe

I will have a across tool kit , if i dont forget it

15. GOOD LUCK
    I was going to say "break a leg" but...I changed my mind! :LOL: :LOL:
    Domenico

16. Lids l rode to work for the first time as well yesterday, and wished l had done it ages ago. Only thing is Wednesday is the only day l can ride because l have to take my son to school which isnt exactly 5 mins away, but by the time l got to work, l was totaly awake.

Enjoy your riding Lids, and take it easy

Julz

17. I hope so, as I will be in that space in front of her :shock:
    Lids, take Ashes advice there....PLEASE!!!!

18. Lids,
    How did you go with the first ride into work?
    I rode into work the first time this morning as well. Exhilarating!! Nice and cool. Had fun, over 35km.
    Probably leave a little early this afternoon to avoid some of the traffic.
    Hope you did ok.
    Cheers
    Nodz

19. So Nodz, are you in for coffee too?

20. Well done Lids, the first commute is always the worst. Will see you at coffee.