Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Wish me a long commute!

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Bravus, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Just discovered I have been shortlisted for a job at Griffith Uni's Gold Coast campus. If I get the job (interviews mid-August) we'll probably keep living in Brisbane somewhere because my family has followed my jobs all around the world and they want some stability with friends and schools for a while, so I'll have an hour or so of highway commute each way to work. Mind you, at peak hour I have about 40 minutes commute each way now anyway, and highway riding will be more fun and less stressful. I'll get a new helmet and maybe put a bigger screen on the bike, load up the iPod with metal and work-related podcasts and all should be good. So please send mojo for the interview and selection process...

2. Good luck!!
    I have been in a similar situation in the past and you are right, a high speed commute even if its longer in time than a peak hour commute (what you are used to), is much more fun and relaxing. Also you are pretty much guaranteed the same commute in time, as opposed to the inconsistancy of high volume(peak) routes tend to offer (accidents causing delays, etc.)