Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Wiring problem tacho NC30

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by Azzab, Jul 24, 2013.

1. I posted on 400greybike while ago that my tacho was running at half speed. A few people suggested (based on the pics) that it was a RVF tacho. I've since ordered one from the wreckers and it arrived on Friday.

Problem is the wires dont add up. Each seem to have a black/green combo which is the earth/ground.

But the RVF tacho just had one yellow with green stripe wire connected from the back to the bike. The NEW tacho has a connection with a yellow/green stripe wire and a brown wire coming from it. I have cut the connection and tried to wire them independantly to the bike's lone yellow/green stripe wire to no avail.

Ive done some searching on google but again no luck. Can anyone help pls?
  2. #2 cjvfr, Jul 24, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2013
    Wiring Diagram says
    Plain Green is the Earth and should go to the frame/battery neg.
    Yellow/Green is the Pulse and should run away to the ICU
    Black/Yellow is Positive and should come from the switched positive of the bike.

That's the racing loom but the street one should e similar. I would guess the one you have the Yellow/Green is the pulse, the brown is Positive and the frame of the Tacho is the Ground. Just a guess, any smoke and sparks are your problem ;)