Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Wiring Alarm to indicators

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by davey_charlie, Jun 1, 2010.

1. ive got myself a jaycar alarm for my cbr 929.

I dug up an old thread on install;

"Run the 2 yellow wires to the closest (usually and in my case; rear) indicators. Then trace the cables back up about 15cm and you should find where you can detach them. Get one of the yellow wires and connect it into that socket. I opened up the crimped plug and then recrimped it with pliers. Reconnect the plug & socket and make sure theres a firm connection again. Do the same for the other side keeping the wiring as neat and hidden as possible."

I ran the two yellow wires to the positive wire on my indicators on the rear and soldered them on. i switched on the alarm and it is working as usual but the indicators are not flashing.
    can anyone shed some light on this?
  2. my indicators (operated by handlebars) only work when the bike is running, wont work even with ignition
  3. never mind. problem fixed.

i pulled all the loom off and re wired everything, found some dodgy connections from the previous owners flush indicator install and it all works now
  4. That's got to be a record repair thread. ;)
  5. haha i had my laptop sitting next to my bike for the wiring diagram, quick access