Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Solved Wires pulled out of Oxford heated grips

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by Glawson77, Aug 15, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Hi, I have a pair of Oxford heated hand grips and have managed to pull the wires out of one of the hand grips, am wondering if it is possible to reconnect the wires, the hand grip is glued on and it looks like a sealed boot where the wires came out of. Wondering if anyone has done this before.
    Thanks

2. Yep its a moulded boot, you'd have to cut into it, soldier and seal it up again, I'd replace it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Yep think I might replace it, can't seem to find them sold individually anywhere tho.
    Thanks

4.  Top
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Welcome to NR by the way

6. Thanks :)

7. out of curiousity - how did the wires pull out?

8. I took my bike in on the trailer for a pink slip as the rego had expired. The mechanic asked me to start the bike and as it was cold I gave the throttle a few twists first, the tie down strap which was hooked around the handlebar had pinched the wires going into the heated handgrip and when I twisted the throttle the wires got pulled out.

I am now trying to find somewhere who sells the handgrips individually.

Cheers,
    Gordon

9. oh man that's unfortunate. did you see post #4 above?

10. yep I emailed them, just waiting on a reply