Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Winter Jacket? Dry and Warm. Icon Patrol

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by Mouth, Mar 25, 2011.

1. Time to start thinking about a new winter jacket, with my 8+ yr old jacket finally due for replacement.

Daily commute, needing a winter jacket to keep me both dry and warm. What's considered the best options these days? MotoDry, RJays, DriRider?

2. Re: Winter Jacket? Dry and Warm

i got a dririder, its good.

3. Re: Winter Jacket? Dry and Warm

I have a MotoDry something or other which is still doing its thing after 6 years, even in the pouring rain.......

4. Re: Winter Jacket? Dry and Warm

best option is a tiger angel element jacket. very expensive though

5. Re: Winter Jacket? Dry and Warm

He's right, dammit.

6. Re: Winter Jacket? Dry and Warm

i've got an rjays vortex or something like that, and it's excellent :)

i am looking for a new jacket though, as i want something warmer that i don't have to wear a jumper and my winter clothes underneath, especially when it's raining...

in fact... my second or third paycheck is going to get me a new jacket. thanks for reminding me :D

i'm thinking of these two:
    http://www.mcas.com.au/_product.php?section=1&prodid=6199
    http://www.mcas.com.au/_product.php?section=1&prodid=10524

i've had my jacket now for 5 years..... velcro is all shit and it's never been a decent fit, always massive etc.

7. Re: Winter Jacket? Dry and Warm

I have had a Dririder Summit Pro for the past 5 years and find it perfect for my daily commuteof 110km round trip to work. Nice and warm and plenty of pockets without letting the water in. Here is a link to the Dririder site however the summit pro is not on there so it may be discontinued.

www.mcleodaccessories.com.au

8. Re: Winter Jacket? Dry and Warm

If you can get a Buse touring jacket, they are very good.. I ordered mine from a bike shop in Germany. By far the warmest jacket I've ever had.

Currently I'm using a dririder defender jacket. It is very warm and so far it hasn't let any water in

9. Re: Winter Jacket? Dry and Warm

I bought the top of the line Dainese textile last year.
    I could probably swim in the Antarctic ocean and not get cold or wet in this thing.
    Highly reccommended.

Removable liners, heaps of pockets and all that.
    ~$650 though

10. Re: Winter Jacket? Dry and Warm

I've got a Rjays LeMans jacket and I have found it awesome to date. Warm, waterproof, comfortable to wear and the best part is that I won it in a competition so it was free :)

11. Re: Winter Jacket? Dry and Warm

My wife got a BMW Santiago jacket last winter and she says it is the best warm jacket she had ever had, including snow gear

12. Re: Winter Jacket? Dry and Warm

have a look at the ixon range if you can find a stockist. you won't be dissapointed
    http://www.ixon.com/www/Version1.0/index.php?ID=2.1.0.0
    theres often older stock floating around local stores too at discounted prices, but they've always made quality, well thought out stuff

13. Re: Winter Jacket? Dry and Warm

Ive got a dri rider climate control pro, and dont rate it as a winter jacket - just not warm enough doing 100kph+ for a couple hrs a day at 5am. I have to wear a thermal, jumper and then the jacket if i want to be slightly warm...
    Posting mostly so i can keep an eye on the thread ;).

14. Re: Winter Jacket? Dry and Warm

there was a time when dri rider made reasonably ok stuff, used quality cordura etc, but that time is long past, now they just sell cheap rubbish.

15. Re: Winter Jacket? Dry and Warm

Don't laugh, but I've been really happy with the Aldi jacket I bought last August. I'm guessing they'll have the same sort of stuff about the same time this year, if you can wait. I can't imagine dririder would be any better for 3x the cost.

16. Re: Winter Jacket? Dry and Warm

Just dont crash

oneill-mutant-hood-2010.

17. Re: Winter Jacket? Dry and Warm

This seems to be a nice one.
    Does it have any crash protection inside?

18. Re: Winter Jacket? Dry and Warm

yes. think its on the web site in the quality assurance bit
    http://www.tigerangel.com.au/frontpage.html

19. Re: Winter Jacket? Dry and Warm

I bought one last year from AMX in Keilor for $150 less than Peter Stevens had them. It's a bloody brilliant jacket! Took it for a slide last week and after about 8m on my bike the jacket is almost unscathed - it really is barely scuffed and the shoulder padding was truly tested. I can't recommend this enough.

20. Re: Winter Jacket? Dry and Warm

I don't agree with that at all; the dririder stuff I have far exceeds some fo teh other brands I have tried including RJays, etc