Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

windy perils

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Interloper, Sep 15, 2008.

1. yeah,it was blowing a gail today.the low pressure messes with my ears and its irritating to ride in heavy wind but i just couldnt stay home.im moving to FNQ in a couple of weeks and want to make the most of one of my favourite roads,the putty,before i leave.
    i anticipated the inevitable debrise which would no doubt litter the road but found it to be quite bad so i cut the ride short,turned around after a decent blat and headed back.
    some bits and pices of tree are difficult to avoid and create some 'excitement' when the front wheel hits a small branch mid corner.but riding in a straight line at one point i hit a decent chunk.it was a small crunch under tires which seemed to be no big deal but the following few corners gave me the impression that something just wasnt right with the rear end.

dunno how it got there but it certainly had an impact on suspention operation.it was jammed against the rear tire which left a slight gouge in the centre of the tire,but it was easily removed and the tire was fine.
    needless to say,if you hit a chunk of crap on the road,stop and check it immediately.you just never know :wink:
  2. how random!