Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by countrycruiser V6, Mar 8, 2006.

1. G'day all, I am after some opinions on windsheilds for cruisers, are they worth getting? I have a xv250 (virago) and often wonder wether a windsheild would be worth getting as i do a lot of highway riding. Siting on 100km for a long time can get tiring on the arms. Also wondering about the benifits of using it in winter to keep a lot of the cold wind at bay. Problem i have though is at 6'2" my head would still be exposed so would I cop all the deflected wind directly there instead??
    anyone out there with a cruiser with a sheild on it I would appreciate your advice. Cheers Andrew

2. You will be glad of the shield in the winter helps keep the cold wind off the chest.
    Also less tiring on long runs especially in an upright position like on a Virago.
    I use to have a large touring screen on a Guzzi California and though a bit ugly was the ducks guts. I am a short arse though but you could get a screen that all tho may not totally protect you but reduce buffeting.
  3. I don't have a cruiser, however at 6'3" I know that the screen on my XJ900 could be a bit taller for me. The wind tends to get over my shoulders and just my neck and helmet are in the wind. I did get a Honda Valkerie for a week and it had a pretty big screen. The thing that seemed very different was that the screen was more vertical and further away which meant is 'spoiled' the airflow rather than diverting it.
  4. Screens look crap (mostly) but work very well (mostly) Mine looks pretty crap but make highway riding much more enjoyable. Also helps a lot in the rain too. Get a quick release one so you can take it on and off as the mood takes you.