Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Windscreen for Yamaha Vino Classic

Discussion in 'Scooters' at netrider.net.au started by Dave Stygall, Mar 29, 2007.

1. Anyone know of a windscreen to fit a Vino Classic (50cc)?

Any dealers on Qld's Sunshine Coast?

Thanks!

2.  Top
  3. Thanks Will! Wonder why i couldn't find that when I did a search.. all that came up was the pannier basket.

Still... I wonder about the $200 price tag; seems a bit hefty. But then, dealer accessories usually have a very high markup vs generic ones, and often the generic are manufactured by the same firms that put a logo on for the "Genuine" branded accessories. (A recent discovery was a bike cover I got for $30, and saw the exact same thing in the Yamaha dealer - same packaging, dimensions, labels & tags - only difference was a Yamaha name and tuning fork logo imprinted on it - for $49 more!)

Cheers mate

Dave
    [/i]

4. Yes but I don't think at the moment you have a lot of options for screens. We have a Vino125 and as it is not the most popular of the scooters the after-market companies don't seem too interested in releasing a lot of accesories in Australia.

Will

5. By "we" ... are you a Yamaha dealer? Sorry if I've given a bad taste here :)

But typically, dealer prices are much higher than the average market price of same/similar items, whether bikes, cars or what-have-you.

I've got a 50. Is either more popular than the other?

I looked at a few scoots before settling on the Y, including V-moto, Boswell, SCP, Honda and Aprillia (which I thought quite pricey, btw). The SCP was the cheapest of the lot, but did not seem to have much dealer support, at least in this area (SE Qld). I understand all are either Chinese or Taiwanese, so the comparison was fairly accurate.

In the end, it came down to the Boswell or the Yamaha, and having played Yamaha musical instruments for decades, they won out because of their ongoing fantastic customer support over the years (I'm 54). I'm assuming that same degree of excellent service is with their motor products as well. The Honda Today was alright, but a bit too much plastic-and-tin feel if you get my drift. I really liked the Mio Custom, but felt it was too much for the hip pocket, and one was paying more for looks than anything else.

Anyway... your thoughts?

Thanks mate

Dave

6. Nah, we means me and my wife. LOL.

I haven't seen too many of either model on the streets in Sydney. We bought it because we got a very good deal from someone that won the scooter on a radio contest, so we bought a brand new scooter for $1500 less than in the dealership.

Will

7. Hey I just found that John from Eagle Screens is a top bloke and he may be able to fabricate a screen for the vino for you.

Give him a buzz or send him an email. He is quick answering the mails and very helpful.

I think I'm going to get one of his tourer screens for my KLE500.

He is in WA but he does post the screens and have had a few good reviews in Netrider.

Will

8. Thanks, Will! I'll let you know how it goes!

9. I sent him an email asking for the vino screen too. He is not familiar with the model yet, but he is going to have a look.

It may be a good idea to have one of those in the scooter for my wife. SHe likes to put her visor up.

Will