Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Windows Phone 7 - Rain?

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by Jeworge, Mar 26, 2011.

1. Hi,

So I thought I'd share this with people who have a Windows Phone 7. There is an application now on the marketplace which is free that shows radar information about rainfall.

BUT the best thing about this is that the radar data is taken directly from BOM. Handy when you're on the go and want to determine where the rain is falling. I hope many Netriders with the Windows Phone 7 find this useful on those wet days.

2. Heh heh, I was thinking the same thing :LOL:

Talking through a tap on my Galaxy S!
  3. Don't have windows on my phone, but do have them on my house and office.
    I tend to find those more useful for predicting the weather than the BOM.
  4. plenty of these apps on iPhones, quick and simple without needing to browse
  5. I wonder if I can get this on my $40 ZTE phone?

I have given up on 'smart' phones...
  6. Look up, The sky will tell you if its raining or not, Drops of water on the face, mean its raining,
  7. The BOM site was always handy for planing my dash home from work to try and miss the rain...

We has ZTE phones at work for a while, if I remember rightly they almost all broke we told people to bin them and pick up Nokia's...
  8. I had a nokia, went the other way! Only had this one for a few weeks now. Sick of paying good coin for rubbish. At least with the ZTE its cheap rubbish.
  9. Also on Android phones. Made by WeMakeApps.

Direct link to radar image loop of city and area of your choice.
  10. virgin mobile on my lg,saved in my browser favorites.
    I use it a fair bit for my ride,putting the departure off for as little as ten minutes means you dont catch up to the shower that has past over..nor get caught by the rain following.
    If there's rain about chances are you are going to get wet, weather radar is great to avoid the worst of it though.
  11. Either that or you're getting a golden shower