Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Windjammer anyone?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by paul_b, Apr 16, 2007.

1. Anyone every used a windjammer on their helmet to cut down the wind noise? Or know where to buy one?
    The Shark is sooo noisy. I think its because it is so high cut at the back, and with the wind of a naked is to loud. Ear plugs help, but a 10min ride on the freeway without plugs is to much.

2. Yeah I have one, I wouldn't waste my money again, it slips off constantly.

3. [ignorance[

What is a windjammer??

4. so it's a "fancy pants" neck warmer then??
  5. Not exactly, more to block out the noise in my case. If I cup my hand toward the back of my helmet all goes quiet. Would like it like that all the time.
  6. I am an XXS in helmet size and thought that may be why it kept slipping off.

I gave it to Brionachh to try (I think she has a Medium size helmet), and she couldn't even get the helmet to her head before slipping off :evil:

It needs something to be able to hold it in place, maybe a bit of velcro, but would look a bit strange if you didn't have it on the helmet all the time ie. in Summer.
  7. I have one on my helmet and it works very well. I dont know how it comes off I can barley get it off if I wanted to. I got mine shipped from the UK cost me about thirty five all up very good investment indeed. Cant find the invoice but should be pretty easy to find the supplier on the web. Cheers Paul