Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

wind noise & buffeting on fjr

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by fjr, Nov 5, 2006.

1. looking for options for replacement windshield for 05 fjr. sick of wind noise, has anyone come up with good alternative to standard screen :?:

2. Ear plugs :grin: :LOL: :LOL:
  3. That aside, welcome, FJR. Is there a dedicated FJR forum where such esoteric matters are discussed? (Not that you can't disucss if here, of course). I know a few V-Strom owners have had custom screens made.....
  4. Go faster, so the windscreen does its job :p

You could try this site though, it's world wide but good for FJR specific stuff

I've asked a few questions and got really good feedback / answers

5. I found on the VFR a combination of botrh more speed + ear plugs and a loud pipe :grin:
  6. Foes the FJR screen have a lip on the edge? My GTR had horrendous wind noise when I got it, teh combination of an aftermarket taller screen with a turned up lip caused my head to be right in teh turbulent flow coming off the screen. I just cut the lip off and teh noise got a LOT better.
    Try moving your head up and down to different positions when riding, to see if maybe a taller or shorter screen will get your head out of/into less turbulent air.

Regards, Andrew.
  7. Maybe try p.m. raven,he had one(FJR) and may have had to resolve same problem.