Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Wind: How do you deal with it?

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by demuire, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Rode in to work today, and almost stacked it about 20 times, both moving as well as trying to stay upright at traffic lights. I stopped filtering about 5 minutes into the ride when I figured out that I could not ride in a straight line due to gusty winds. Then I figured out that I also had great difficulty keeping in 1 lane on the freeway due to gusty winds. Then I got into the city and found that it was very very difficult to keep the bike upright (I can't put both feet on the ground at once) due to gusty winds...

How do you deal with gusty winds? I tried to keep tense, I tried to relax, neither worked (in fact it felt far worse relaxed). I'm guessing there isn't much I can do about the stopping at traffic lights thing apart from grow taller.

If it is still this windy this evening I think I'm going to leave my bike here and take the train home...