Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Win a piece of the moon

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by movin, Jul 24, 2009.

1. "One small step for man, one giant leap for mankind."
    That was Neil Armstrong's first words when stepping off Apollo 11 lunar module & onto the moon with Buzz Aldrin. In the last edition of New Scientist, they are running a competiton to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the moon landing and the prize is a you can win a piece of the moon. Good for what I dont know bar conversation piece.
    All you have to do is come up with an caption other than "One small step for man, one giant leap for mankind."

Something like 'Dang, I locked the keys in the lunar module Buzz'
    or 'Shute Houston, there's another flag here, the Ruski's beat us to it dagnabbit'

So suggest away,
    and for those who know it, no good luck Mr Gorskis either
  2. Think I'll pass on this one. Just my luck I'll win and have to pay rates on it till I die.
  3. houston, pisser idea to film this in the studio, that will fark em
  4. mike - with already having that castle of yours, maybe you could negative gear the moon :cool:

Mmmm! wee is warm in this suit. :p Doh! Forgot about zero gravity, again!
  5. 'surely this will get me laid'
  6. I thought the actual quote was meant to be:
    "One small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind."
  7. There are actually two versions of that statement. Apparently he got his lines wrong so they made him do it again.

version 1
    "One small step for man, one giant step for mankind"
    version 2
    "One small step for man, one giant leap for mankind"

8. I think you'd win a moon rock, not a piece of freehold real estate on the actual moon.

9. "piece of moon" = percentage of future mining rights and waste disposal/landfill contracts, right?
  10. I think it was meant to be "One small step for aman, one giant leap for mankind" because the radio cut out or something between the FOR and MAN. That's what I remember hearing in doco.

phong =P~[/i]