Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Wimmera and Mallee Ride

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' started by mattb, Sep 25, 2009.

1. G'day All.

Just sent four days meandering through the Mallee and other places. It's a long read with a lot of photos and I can't post them all up here; below are some summaries and links to my blog where the full story is (you can read it all, or just look at the pictures - don't forget to click to make them bigger):

Day One:

Melb > Ballarat > Ararat > Halls Gap > Horsham > Little Desert National Park > Nhill

Day Two:

Exploring the back roads between Nhill and Ouyen

Day Three:

Ouyen > Mildura > Colignan > Hattah > Manangatan > Swan Hill

Day Four:

Swan Hill > Quambatook > Boort > Wedderburn > Maryborough > Maldon > Castlemaine > Melbourne

2. geez how could you bypass the thriving metropolis of Cohuna like that?
  3. Theres some great ride reports in your site Matt I've really enjoy reading them. The family has some farms out in the wimmera region around Horsham so I know the area fairly well, and although I dont consider it the most interesting or attractive area you've managed to take some nice photos. And well written. Thanks for posting.