Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Willowbank Drags Wednesday nights

Discussion in 'QLD' at netrider.net.au started by chrisco, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Is there anyone that regularly goes to the drag nights or race days at Willowbank? Even if you don't go all the time. Just looking for someone that knows how it all works and would come along.

2. I have only been the one time, but it is pretty simple and the staff are very friendly and willing to point you in the right direction.

Basically you just rock up at the gate, pay your fee and grab the waiver/agreement (can't remember what it is called) and you fill in your details and some bike/car details. Then you present yourself generally in your riding gear to get a race number and check you are wearing the right stuff.

Then it is a simple case of line up and run as many times as you manage to squeeze in.
    I think I had about 8 runs down the strip myself.

I think I might try to organise to head down there again in October on my holidays. This time planning to take the bike down on a ute rather than ride 3 hours down and 3 hours back, makes for a big day.

3. Well I should be able to fit into my leathers by then so let us know when you plan on going.

4. wear a loud dress

5. Planning on heading down this saturday night. Taking the bike down on the ute.

6. I'll be going down next wednesday night (17th OCT)

first time on a drag strip! :)

7. Just taken the top box and pannier brackets off so will be all set for Wednesday as well. Will be my first time to. What time do you plan on getting there?

8. Well I work in Milton so I'll probably leave here around 4 quick dash home to get changed. I'll probably get there right at 5.30

Got a mate bringing his 60s Datsun fair lady for a few runs which should be funny lol.

9. I'm in the valley, going to leave at 4 as well but was planning on just going straight there.

10. See ya there. I'll be on a black vtr1000. Hopefully I don't come up against ur zx14. Going by your signature lol