Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Will we ever see these on bikes?

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by 2wheelsagain, Apr 11, 2007.

1. Yes

2. Not for a long time

0 vote(s)
  3. No

0 vote(s)
  1. Will we ever see a bike version of these tyres?
    Any thoughts?

2. I think they will if they make the spoke type things thinner at the edge of the wheel and denser on the inside.

I imagine u would get huge diffrences in performance depending on ur load
  3. I love the Tweel (twheel? Whatever it's called) concept. True innovation. I think it'd be a cracking system for dirtbikes with a few adjustments. Sideways flex would obviously have to be minimal.
  4. Not without a lot more work. Looks like it might be alright for cars because they only need flat surface area, but bikes obviously need a curved surface area.
  5. Remember, side flex on a car is also high.... Cornering at high speed, flat surface puts lots of force on the outter part of a rim.... Past into corner, on the brakes, front pushing.....hmmmmm

The benefit to a bike is that it leans and the force is reduced.... Bike tips in, wheel tips in and less sideways mass - cars cant do this....

So, yes, it can certainly work on bike - just a little more work required
  6. with cash everything is possible... :wink:
  7. Looks like wank to me.
    Can't adjust tyre 'pressure' so actually has reduced functionality and the design wouldn't work on a curved profile like on bike tyres.
    On dirt bikes it would be a total joke, the little fins would get clogged full of mud in about 2 minutes and make the bike feel like it weighs a tonne.
  8. :shock: now how is that going to take the brunt on our sydney roads :LOL: :LOL:
  9. And man hasent walked on the moon yet either?
    That was thought to hard once. :?