Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Will there be a 2008 Blackbird?

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by Jagcycle, Oct 19, 2007.

1. It seems certain that the VFR 800 will continue into next year unchanged. The CBR 600 and 1000 RRs have also been announced for 2008, but what of the Blackbird?

Has anyone heard anything about a new model? ...or are they discontinuing the blackbird all together?
    I'm guessing it's probably the latter, as they have really dropped the price on the '07 'birds.

I've started to seriously look at purchasing a new bike, but with uncertainty regarding work at the moment, I'm not in a secure enough position to make any moves - yet. I'm after a comfortable sports/tourer, and for the next couple of months at least, secure storage of a bike is my main hurdle. (I live in a flat, and would have to park the bike in public areas)

The blackbird is current at the top of my list at the moment, and has been for a while. I've looked around at many others; however none seem to warrant serious consideration. Also, with the current price of a new 'bird, it makes for an offer almost too good to pass up. :?

If there was going to be a 2008 blackbird, I would not be in such a rush to buy. Are there any suggestions as to what to do in this situation?

2. there will no longer be any BlackBird or any FireStorm. What is in the country now is all there will be, both models have been discontinued.

The end of an era

3. may i ask what the discounted price is at the moment?

4. The 'bird sits in the annuls of history right alongside the ZZR in my book. The only bike I'd have happily swapped my keys for.

Another truly iconic machine gone by the wayside.