Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Will a GPX 250 Front Fender fit on a ZZR 250?

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by Weasel, Feb 13, 2007.

1. Hey there,

I currently own a ZZR 250 and whilst I am yearning for the day that I have enough surplus mullah in my piggy bank to purchase a 600cc sportsbike (I.e CBR 600RR, Yamaha R6, Suzuki GSX-R 600, Kawasaki ZX-6R, Triumph Daytona 675), I thought I would entertain myself for the time being by sprucing up the appearance of my ZZR.

I am already planning to eliminate the rear fender, as other posters have done with the very similar GPX.

However, I was just wondering if anyone happens to know whether a GPX Front Fender would fit? I personally think that the GPX front fender looks far sportier than the ZZR item, which is significantly longer.

2. Wait wait wait. Let me get this right. You plan to "spruce" up the front of the ZZR250 by putting on the front off a GPX250? Quite possibly the ugliest front end since Paris Hilton.

3. I assume you mean front mudguard and the answer is most probably no.

The GPX has 16 inch wheels so the arc/circumference will be too small for the ZZR's 17 inch wheels.
  4. Dude. Please. Don't.
  5. Thanks for the feedback!

Loth, that's exactly what I had in mind - replacing the front mudguard with a GPX item. However, I hadn't considered that the GPX's front wheel diameter is smaller than the ZZR's.

Ah well, guess I'd better starting saving hard for that 600cc sportsbike!