Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Will a custom exhaust pass the blue-slip inspection?

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by Adzer, Oct 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Howdy folks,
    Can anyone answer this question for me? I'm considering buying a GSX-r750 interstate and bringing it to Sydney. It has a custom exhaust fitted and I'm wondering if this will affect the outcome of the blue-slip inspection. It will be costly enough as is without having to re-fit the original pipe and then re-re-fit the new one afterwords.
    Thanks in advance for your help.

2. Which jurisdiction?
  3. The Bike's coming from SA to NSW
  4. Then you need to pass the decibel test @ the rated RPM for the bike.

I'm not sure if you need to pass an emissions test.

If you have trouble getting the noise down, pack it with steel wool and get a resistor into the wires of the tacho to reduce the RPM displayed.
  5. When I had my blue slip done nothing was mentioned about the pipes on it, and it was never fired up for that. Just checked to make sure headlights, indicators, brake lights and all that worked.
  6. The answer is: it depends
  7. All really depends on who does the inspection. I've had two bikes blue slipped in the past few years and both inspections were very different. One was EXTREMELY thorough, whilst the other passed a bike that they really shouldn't have. ie, didn't even have mirrors attached. If you get desperate PM me and I'll shoot you some details on who to call and where to go.
  8. I'm so sick of locking threads because people are careless and don't read the stickies. It is imperative you place the name of the state you are in so that you get the correct response in the topic. No mercy folks.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.