Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Wild and woolly wooohoooo

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by Oldmaid, Jun 5, 2016.

1. first of all hope everyone is going okay after that SPECTACULAR low we just got through!!!!!
    Because I am so close to the coast now, the sound of the sea in between the 45 knot wind was quite something.
    I honestly thought our windows were going to get blown in.
    Yesterday I went and stood on the beach for a while it was amazing the force of nature...it was exhilarating
    I have used every towel I own as rain came in under the front door and rain also was pouring down the bedroom window into the shag carpet (..yup you read correctly :whistle:) therecwas also a new water feature downstairs in the garage that will be rotting some bearer boards in the long term. Ha the letter box (with mt pet red back) got snapped of and blown around.
    The wind gusts even moved the huge BBQ on our patio. All the furniture got blown around and the cushions are likely riding the Oxley as I write:geek:
    But life and limb are intact...but funnily I hear no birds at all.
    Well time to start washing towels and collecting furniture from around the back yard.
    Stay safe everyone
    not safe to ride up here with all the leaf litter and branches everywhere.
    image. image. image.

• Like Like x 9
    • Informative Informative x 3
  2. gotta love the shag carpet :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. I was wondering how it was going to play out up there and right on the coast. I remember it was around this time last year when you were helping with the recovery from that ECL event!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Stay safe, Miss Jane, cake is in order...

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. groooovy baby!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. As much as I love discussing a wild and woolly woohoo ... where was I going with this?

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. I am glad that you are all in one peice. The force of nature is incrediable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. yep - something we will never tame

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Might have to go take some pictures of it later today — would make an interesting addition to the 'photos from your ride' thread... ;)

Had a lovely rainy night in Newcastle, with hardly a breath of wind so far (although it is apparently meant to pick up later today). Can't say I'm unhappy about that, as the last low pressure system last year required replacing a large chunk of the roof.

Fair to say the espresso machine has been on more-or-less continuously and I've used all the wine glasses in the house... (y)

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  10. I'd put up with some wild weather to walk out to that view every morning!:snaphappy::playful:

• Agree Agree x 5
  11. This is one view which is noice

image.
    and this is today- no poo rock (Bird Rock)
    image.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Yep don't want that again!! Can't believe you dodged mother nature's wind
    Was wild winds here a bit of rain a humungous seas
    Looks like poor old Lismore and Murwillumbah have borne the brunt of the rain.
    Off to Brissie tomorrow going in a weenie plane so might be a white knuckler lol
    Just hope no flooding in Brivegas as staying on the Southbank and I really love strolling (if someone of my size even does that :woot: ) around there. I find Brisbane great for wandering and love the ferry up the river as well.
    Here's hoping the weather system runs out of pfoof soon
    Feels like a darts, pool and beer kinda arvo me thinks

13. FB_IMG_1465095370845. Gotta luv watching a coastal storm, Brisvegas is slightly damp too, my niece near the airport has had some flooding

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. The last time I went to Brisbane was for my primary exam... an episode I've tried hard to erase from my memory (hence the used wine glasses)... Sounds like you should take some form of inflatable boat contraption though. ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. They are doing the drainage easement at our place....here are a couple of photos, one taken a few hours ago and the other 10 minutes!
    ps I did flip one of the photos so it was right but for some reason it didn't work!!! sorry about that

Attached Files:

3.jpg
      File size:
      536.1 KB
      Views:
    • excav.
      excav.jpg
      File size:
      265.5 KB
      Views:
    • Like Like x 3
  16. Terrifying caz64caz64 how quickly the water can come up!!!!!

No rain and the wind has dropped here but the surf is magnificent (from on the land anyway)
    image. image. image.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Still raining.....no wind

18. How many of you have been to the George IV PUB at Picton? Here it is today
    image.

• Informative Informative x 3
  19. The beer on the table outside just adds atmosphere doesn't it

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. And the shoes Rus LerRus Ler ... Could be quite a story there...but to leave a beer...noooooooooo. :shock:
    We are up nice and high here in Port Macca so no flooding. The sound of the surf pounding in is just amazing tonight, almost sounds like a plane engine.
    Hope the rain eases up soon for everyone further south.