Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Wilbur, slightly more upright than not... Slightly...

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Wilbur, Nov 3, 2007.

1. Hi all...

Been reading netrider for a while now with out signing up (call me a stalker). I finally decided to take the leap tonight after talking with a friend of mine about going out for a ride or two following him and watching his technique up to build my cornering confidence taking the track to and from Watson's Bay... Then in a bit of a coincidence, I came across the EastRider's Monday meets followed by the occasional ride to Watson's Bay. A sign? I thought so.

About my ride and riding, with out trying to give my life story. I got my L's Feb '07 and my P's in August... I didn't do a hell of a lot of riding before my P's so I failed my first attempt. As far as the ride itself, I've got a 2002 Aprilia RS125 that I got off eBay for more than what I should have paid, but less than getting totally shafted (should have known better). I've come off my bike twice, both at very low speed and with only a minor scratch or two for me and the bike. I'll write a post about them in a different thread soon.

Hope to keep posting, meeting and chatting.
  2. Welcome Wilbur, Hope to see you out there some day enjoy and stay safe. Bob
  3. :shock: :eek: STALKER!!!!!

Hehe, welcome to netrider! And yes, I've found that when my friends buy cars/bikes from ebay, they do kind of get ripped off. But there have been some awesome bargains too, so you're not alone and you had good intentions :)
  4. Gday Wilbur.
    Definately get yaself along to a coffee meet somewhere in Sydney. You'll meet some fantastic peoples & a few nutcases...ahh opps maybe that's just me :eek:

Enjoy your riding & stay safe.
  5. Glad you decided to join in, Wilbur. Welcome!
  6. Howdy Wilbur, another one to add to the Monday Randwick nights?? Welcome to the far side of crazy :grin:
  7. Welcome mate.
  8. Hi guys, thanks for the welcome, happy to be here! :)

If someone can send me the details I'll be there :)
  9. Welcome but sorry dude i really need t know how you came off at slow speeds in a short time frame.Btw hot first bike!!!!