Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

wierd squeek

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' at netrider.net.au started by Matchstick01, Aug 29, 2006.

1. hey guys

my cbr250rr just arrived bout an hour ago. Was wheeling it backwards just then to hear a really bad squeeking noise as if the brakes were dragging or something, is that normal? It didn't sound normal to me, but then i've never had my own bike before so i wouldn't know what normal sounds like. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Paul

2. hey guys,
    please can someone help me with that. I'm worried somethings wrong. Even if there is nothing wrong, can someone just say that. Also, I took it out for a little while today (unregistered), i couldn't help it, but its stalling 9in neutral or with the clutch in sometimes which i'm worried about. It also stalled while i was goin up a big hill today. I went up to a petral station to put petrol in a container, but i put little fuel in it n it was full. So whats goin on? Is it just that its the first time its been riden in a while. Any help with any of these things is greatly appreciated. Thanks,
    Paul

3. How come no ones helpin?

4. Dont know about the squeek, but if it hasn't been ridden in a while (how long is a while?), and you want to be sure, just drain the fuel from the tank and put a fresh batch in, and then once started (and warmed up) give it a bit of stick while sitting there (ie dont ride it, just in your drive way).... this will help clear old fuel from the carby and see if you have a fuel supply problem...

Other than that, take it too someone...

5. Dont know about the squeek, but if it hasn't been ridden in a while (how long is a while?), and you want to be sure, just drain the fuel from the tank and put a fresh batch in, and then once started (and warmed up) give it a bit of stick while sitting there (ie dont ride it, just in your drive way).... this will help clear old fuel from the carby and see if you have a fuel supply problem...

Other than that, take it too someone...

6. Well its been imported from japan, and i'm supposed to be the first aussie rider, well thats what sumoto said anyway. So i'm assuming it hasn't had a decent ride since at least when it was in japan which i'm guessing would be a few months.

Thanks for the advice booga, this site needs more people like you.

Thanks,
    Paul

7. Here's how it works:

Sumoto buys 60 used Japanese bikes at a time and ships them over to Australia. From those 60, they pick the bits that haven't rusted to shit in the container ship, and assemble maybe 10 bikes. They're then re-sprayed, complianced and sold at stupid prices to unwitting Australian learners.

I'm fiddling with one in my garage at the moment, every single bolt I undo is corroded. Previously on this bike, bolts snapped off halfway down when trying to replace a brake disc. And I think this bike is one of the better condition CBR250RRs I've seen.

That squeak could be from the brakes, and it might well disappear after a few k's of normal riding. Do the discs look corroded? Are the pads fresh? As for the engine, try draining the fuel and putting in a fresh tank as Booga said. Bikes hate sitting still for a long time and not being run.

You're best off taking it to a good mechanic for a service as soon as you can. That is, if you can find one willing to work on these stupid imported bikes.

And as for your complaining that nobody's helping, the site's been down, so stop yer whingeing.

8. Brake pads drag on discs. don't worry about it too much.

As to the down time, ride the bike for a couple of hundred k's, then change all fluids and filters. check for loose, worn and crakced bits and pieces including cables, connection and hoses.

9. yea thats normal mate. it happens to me too. its the pads dragging on the disc. no need to worry