Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Why the DD points in the city?

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' at netrider.net.au started by StRider, Mar 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. https://netrider.net.au/forums/viewtopic.php?t=37089

Can someone explain something to me? In an effort to reduce the death toll on our roads during the holidays (which I am told is no higher than at any other times, all considered - but let's ignore that) they have introduced double demerit points.

Apparently the high death tolls is due to drivers speeding on highways and country roads, as they go on holidays and there are many more cars on these roads. That being the case, why is this blitz also taking place in the city and suburbs? I see no difference in vehicle numbers and driver behaviour in the suburban streets, so why are there so many cops out there and why should we be penalised twice as hard during this time?

It is so ridiculous, rather than concentrating on the traffic and riding at a sensible speed (not speeding mind you) we are watching the speedo more than the road, terrified that we might accidentally go a little faster. It's no joke; one little mistake and half your licence is gone in one hit.

2. your whole license if your a P plater.

F&*^N government. How the hell are we suppose to keep a license then?

And netrider nazis dont say dont speed because we are all human.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.