Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Why Parents Drink

Discussion in 'Jokes and Humour' started by GavinB, Dec 1, 2008.

1. Why Parents Drink

The boss wondered why one of his most valued employees was absent but had not phoned in sick one day. Needing to have an urgent problem with one of the main computers resolved, he dialled the employee's home phone number and was greeted with a child's whisper. ' Hello ? '
    'Is your daddy home?' he asked.
    ' Yes ,' whispered the small voice.
    May I talk with him?'
    The child whispered, ' No ...'

Surprised and wanting to talk with an adult, the boss asked, 'Is your Mummy there?' ' Yes '
    'May I talk with her?' Again the small voice whispered, ' No '

Hoping there was somebody with whom he could leave a message, the boss asked, 'Is anybody else there?'
    ' Yes , ' whispered the child, ' a policeman .... '

Wondering what a cop would be doing at his employee's home, the boss asked, 'May I speak with the policeman?'
    ' No, he's busy , ' whispered the child.
    'Busy doing what?'
    ' Talking to Daddy and Mummy and the Fireman , ' came the whispered answer.

Growing more worried as he heard a loud noise in the background through the earpiece on the phone, the boss asked, 'What is that noise?'
    ' A helicopter ' answered the whispering voice.
    'What is going on there?'demanded the boss, now truly apprehensive. Again, whispering, the child answered,
    ' The search team just landed a helicopter '

Alarmed, concerned and a little frustrated the boss asked, 'What are they searching for?'

Still whispering, the young voice replied with a muffled giggle...

'ME .... '
  2. lol ive heard it before but it still makes me giggle :cool:
  3. lol, funny for a joke, but reality wouldnt the parents be near the phone incase the kid got help up for ransom?
  4. You're analysing the logic of a joke?
  5. Hehe! THAT'S funny!! :LOL:

... :roll:

yeah!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  6. THis is a very similar situation my wife was actually in.

She lived on a farm just outside Merrigum. A small town with a population of about 500 people. She took some chocolate from the cupboard when she was told not to and knowing she would be in trouble, she went and hid in one of the sheds.

Well after quite some time (im talking a couple of hours) of her being missing, the neighbours were called, the local fire brigade was called and the Search & Rescue Squad were called. They were looking all over the property for her, but couldnt find her anywhere.

The farm had a dam and a channel that ran through it, so as they were preparing to start dragging the dam and channel the dog started making a commotion.

Sure enough the family dog which had been hiding with her had gotten restless after all that time and made their presence known to all.

No doubt she didnt find it so amusing for the rest of the day/night.
  7. haha, gotta love kids and their games! nice one! :)
  8. But did she end up getting in trouble for the chocolate??? (Lesson for the eight year olds out there.... :grin: )

9. classic :grin:

10. HAHA.

I need to know! :eek:hno:
    I'm about to go steal my flatmates chocolate