Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

why it pays to be in the right gear.

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by shady_knife, Mar 30, 2012.

1. #1 shady_knife, Mar 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015

(did that work?)

if you're in the wrong gear, then you might not have the power that you need to avoid a situation like this.

2. fixed :)
    Holy shit that was close, riding on a road like that going straight for ages is when one can become complacent to. That dude was on his toes!
  3. EDIT: removed to reduce redundancy
  4. Wow. Just wow.

Driving on a multi-lane highway with low traffic is difficult for some people.
  5. Actually had this happen to me just last week. Both cars regained control, I had to dodge a whole heap of broken car bits and then change my underpants
  6. I had a run in with two ****wits in 2 x nissan 200sx tonight

young guys boxing me in and shit on the free way
  7. I just love those types, Hahahahahaha,

I have high bars and can swing right off my bike, When they realise they have Bitten off more than they can chew, They take off,
    Then I just casually wait for them to get boxed in at the lights,

Then its my turn, Hahahahahaha
  8. I don't know how Americans manage to do what that car did but I've seen quite a few vids like that and had personal experience of it.

A few years ago I was leaving Sacramento on a straight section of a multilane freeway when something caught my eye in the rear vision mirror. It was an orange sedan very sideways and the start of a multicar pile-up. 5 seconds further back and I would have been part of the carnage.
    It was mid-morning, the traffic was light to medium and the weather was nice and sunny. And nothing I could see on the road that constituted a hazard.

9. one of them is still searching for his keys in the bushes somewhere I am sure

what do you mean by high bars and swing off your bike ?
  10. crazy vid. how the **** do you even do that?

if you ever need a reason not to ride next to a car...

thats the scary shit, the shit you can't predict
  11. Welcome to hell, or the nearest thing - cagers.
  12. wow... just wow.

Clearly it wasn't that rider's time yet.

watching it was enough to give me the chills :shock:
  13. A very good example of an incident where braking would have been detrimental, a very good lesson. (y)
  14. lucky he was on a bike.
  15. holy shit! very close call.
  16. That was scary to watch, that was one very lucky escape!