Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Why is my pic upside down?

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Caz no 2, Jan 31, 2013.

1. In my custom decals thread why is my first pic upside down?

When I view on 2 computers it is the right way up, but on iPhone and iPad it is upside down?

2. link pls
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  3. It's the orientation in the image metadata.

Find an image viewer that can view the EXIF/TIFF metadata.. your pic has the orientation set to 180 degrees - I assume you took it with your iPhone upside down.

BTW, there are a lot of good reasons for stripping the metadata - not just for the orientation.
  4. I did seem to take it upside down but then used paint to rotate it and then saved it before I uploaded it! But why would it show different from computer to iPhone/iPad?
  5. It shows upside down if I load it in preview on the Mac. Maybe you're using an image viewer that doesn't honour the orientation metadata.
  6. How times have changed. It used to be so simple to get pictures the right way up. Miss Jane Miss Jane Upside Miss Jane
  7. Hopefully they are fixed now. Shows correctly on laptop and iPhone and ipad.

Gundy does everything look ok?

PS Thanks for your help everyone :)
  8. Yep - all metadata has been stripped, and all looks good. (y)