Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Why I Don't Wear Open Faced Helmet...

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by joetdm, Oct 17, 2010.

1. Well picture says it all about this reason anyhow.....
    [​IMG]

2. ROTFLMAO
    This is my reason. Can't find the pic of the helmet, but this was the visor after hitting the road at 80km/h.

Attached Files:

3. LOL! Good call.

Two points for it aiming right between the eyes!

4. yay, fair call if you were wearing a beanie type or german army helmet....

my flip-top would have stopped both of those though.

5. Nice shot!

6. BOOM! headshot.

7. No double tap required there.

8. i use to have a full face ,once i had a hitchiker...in my helmet on the visor was a huge huntsman,it must have crawled in and sleeping till iwoke it up on a strech of road..lucky it didnt worry me .imagion if i was scared of spiders,

9. :LOL:
    This'd be me :tantrum:

I had a bug in my ear the other week. That was uncomfortable. But a Huntsman in the helmet.........:busting:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

10. I believe they are called half face helmets by ambulance crews for a reason.

11. As much as I agree I think i'll be getting a open faced as well as my full faced.

My theory is when you have a face like mine scars can only be an improvement. :LOL:

12. Pity I didn't think to take a photo of my helmet, (an open face one! :eek:) after having birdsh1t hit me in the face at 50...

All I noticed was a wet SPLAT, pulled off the road, and the front fairing, all over the handlebars, my chest, hands, face and helmet were all covered with the white/brown stuff!

Smelt right FOUL!

I just got lucky it didn't get in my eyes or i could of had an accident..

13. My first thought was bird sh&t but I'd say it's one huge bug.
    This locusts thing is coming to mind.....

Hate to ride through a swarm of them!

14. I once had my visor up and sunnies on and a blow fly went smack bang into a lens. My only thought was lucky I had the sunnies on, until I removed them and saw maggots crawling all over the lens.... not pretty

15. Harley riders who generally have half face helmets have numerous reasons to not need full face ones. Some reasons are

They are so tough that stuff just bounces off them, They don't go fast enough to be involved in any type of "big off", they cant afford a full face due to the cost of the HD badass t shirt

16. Maybe we should start a new fact sheet stating why harley riders don't need full face helmets like the chuck norris fact sheet. Here's a few Chuck Norris ones anyway:

Chuck Norris can do a wheelie on a unicycle
    Chuck Norris once urinated in a semi truck's gas tank as a joke....that truck is now known as Optimus Prime
    Chuck Norris can light a fire by rubbing two ice-cubes together
    Chuck Norris once challenged Vin Diesel to an arm wrestling match. Mr. T won.

17. Bah. You guys all have woossie girlie risk profiles. Bet you look for a granny to hold ya hand when crossing the road. Do you aspire to the latest Monda Goldfing - with 6 wheels and all round airbag protection? You haven't lived until you've tasted the bug delicacies an open face can offer.

18. Even with a full face helmet I've still managed to swallow a number of insects over the years.

19. Close your visor.

20. Haha I've done that on the way up to Wollombi...
    It actually HURT going through some of them at 80 or so. Luckily it was only a small swarm