Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Why I didn't ride in to work today!

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by typhoon, Jun 14, 2007.

1. I woke up around 1am to the sound of rain, and went back to bed. This morning, heard a really soft splatting sound on the Lexan awning outside, and this is what it was-

As you can see, it was fantastic powder snow! So light and fluffy, with the flakes at least the size of 50c pieces.
    I loved it!

Regards, Andrew.

2. Don't eat the yellow snow!

Regards, Andrew.
  3. Snow joke, that.
  4. I was just about forced to take the bike over the car....I could not open my car door as it was frozen shut....I did not want to use any more force else it felt like I would rip the door handle right off the door.... :shock:
  5. I was tempted to ride today, would have made for some great photos, but teh road was packing down just enough to reduce traction.
    Besides, my bike seems to ice carbs below zero when warming up, is a bit annoying!
    They are saying possibly more snow tonight, if so I will ride in it!

Regards, Andrew.
  6. yeah, i know... it totally got down to 9degrees here last night :LOL:

big storm though :)
  7. That's cold! :shock:
  8. Oh my god that is beautiful!

One of my goals is to see snow one day. That is so awesome! :cool:
  9. ^ Im with stupid about the beautiful stuff.
  10. I last saw snow 27 years ago! :LOL:
    I think I am getting old :shock:

Regards, Andrew.
  11. I plan to go see the snow this year, only sightseeing stuff though!!!
    Last time I was at the snow...I gave it a good shot at trying to break my back ( managed to put a hair line fracture in one of my lower vertebra and major muscle damage that put me off work for 2 months....o yea and a big bruise on the back of my head where I had kicked myself ...backs are not meant to be THAT flexible you know)....was over 10 years ago now though!
  12. ...this one time, at Seal-Camp, we had to broom snow off the road prior to sealing it! :LOL:

(at jerangle, east of bredbo...brrrrrrrr)
  13. Seal camp! :LOL: "You've blown a seal!"
    "No! It's just icecream!" :rofl:

Regards, Andrew.
  14. Mate, you could have ridden then bragged about it on your A new low thread.

Looks nice though.
  15. timeless classic!
  16. Nice layer of frost in melb his morning.
    Was 3 degrees when I rode into work.
    with all the winter gear on only my eyeballs got cold when i was opening the visor a tad to unfog it.
    Neck warmer up near the nose makes a huge difference.
  17. I hate that! Visor down, can't see, visor up, can't see!
    I had ICE forming on my visor yesterday morning (-3.5 degrees), don't know why I didn't see this snow coming. :grin:

Regards, Andrew.
  18. damn it i'm too slow... thats the ending of my penguin driving a fiat in NZ joke... :roll:

Wickeds on the snow!!!!
  19. But......but...............everyone tells me that skiing is soooooo much fun :?

When they make snow that's not cold and wet, I'm there! :cool:
  20. It was fun up till that point ;-) Just about as much fun of surfing a nice BIG wave (that’s another thing I have not done in way too long a time)....