Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Why hello there...

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Walter Fontaine, Jun 8, 2014.

1. Greetings,

Just thought I'd pop my head in and say hello.

My skill-level. I've just started with no real riding background. It's somewhat needless to say that I look like a mentally-challenged tuna struggling to ponder the meaning of life when I attempt to ride my bike.

My Bike: Today I picked up a 2004 Honda VTR250, with about 20k KMs on it, and it appears to be in pretty good condition other than some cosmetic wear.

Who am I: A twenty-five year old, slow-riding, somewhat nerdy while also devilishly attractive student- whos' roots are in Sydney, but does university down in Canberra.

I'm looking forward to further delving through the labyrinth of info on this site, and perhaps meeting one of two of you down the track.

Kudos to the community.

2. #2 cjvfr, Jun 9, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2014
    Welcome Walter, Canberra can be a cold riding place this time of year. Perhaps think of some heated grips for your VTR. Good riding gear and layers of clothing to keep warm. I swear by a neck sock in cold weather.

There are a few ACT members on the forum and of course you have great riding territory to your South East in the warmer weather.
  3. Welcome to NR Mate have fun !!!
  4. Welcome :) The VTR is an awesome LAMS bike, you'll have heaps of fun on it. I did. Look after it and it'll hold value well too..

Take care, and have fun.