Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Why do you ride what you ride?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by TcPhoenix, Oct 31, 2013.

1. A little bit of a confusing question. Sorry if it's the wrong sub-forum, it looked right.

Seeing all the different bikes out and about. Sometimes there is the norm, CBR, GSXR, Triumph street/speed Triples. But occasionally, there are some different ones.

This is just kind of a general understanding of what was your decision on the bike you ride today, or what made you want to ride a bike. Was it financially appealing, economical, dream bike, bit the bullet, just because, so on so forth.

Why do you ride your particular bike?

2. I like lattes so I bought a Ducati

• Like Like x 3
  3. I'm an ugly cnut so I trade my 12 blade on a husky nuda 900R. There have been many others though

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. I like sex

• Like Like x 1
  5. because I'm good at picking bikes that break easily.

6. I bought mine because it is an absolute beast, yet oddly practical and you don't see them around a lot.

Also, I don't like lattes so a Ducati wasn't an option.

7. I bought mine because it was cheap and I'm cheap. Also I like getting naked.

8. I wanted a sport/tourer with the emphasis on sport, integrated luggage, a shit tonne of power on tap, something that wasn't a carbon copy of every other bike on the market.... I ride a VFR12. Very fun to flick around yet still practical for long distances.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Because CFmoto's are really cheap.

I knew that while on my Ls & Ps, I'd fall off, crash and generally make a complete mess of the bike (a prediction that has been painfully accurate), and so I wanted something where I wouldn't really give a toss.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. I rode a VTR250 at the Ls course and it seemed fine so I bought one.

11. Love at first sit (y)

12. Husky Terra so I can ride just about anywhere. Road, dirt road & no road.

13. I buy whatever I can make a quick profit on.
    Buying my next bike purely on how it looks instead.

Warning: incoming hate messages

14. Nothing wrong with that. At least you would get to try different bikes over a period, rather than short test rides.
    I would probably do the same if i lived in a capital city with access to mucho bikes. In the country need to be a bit more selective - bit of a hassle shopping for bikes.

15. #15 JimmyD, Oct 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    i ride a KTM Super Duke because i'm here to fcuk shit up and piss people off.

soon to upgrade to the 1290. probably will end up in jail but i really dont care.

• Like Like x 1
  16. KTM 950SM, because it it needs to do everything. And well.

• Like Like x 1
  17. JimmyD, can i look after your 1290 while you're inside?

18. my dad has one of those, the only thing we found with it that the seat was a little to soft and you end up sitting a bit too far back. so he got another seat made which has a step in it like you find on some motocross seats. a bit easier to tell where you are on the bike. but they are fantastic.

how's the steering lock!!

i guess so, i'll be in there for a while i would say..

19. I kinda like the flat seat - continuously variable positioning, just slide forward and a little devil takes over ;) .
    The foam is a bit soft if you're heavy enough to fully compress it but as long as I don't wear a backback I'm under the threshold and good for 600km days.
    (neck muscles cop it though).
    Waiting for the 1290SM :LOL:

20. Alas, no 1290 SM on the horizon.
    We have all been waiting to trade the 950/990 SM's to an 1190/1290, but KTM have decided the 2x1190 Adventures and the 1290 SD are enough:(
    Live in hope that they change their mind.