Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

why do you dislike chinese and koreans bikes?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by evelknievel75, Jan 12, 2010.

1. we will all be laughing at you in 10 years when everyone is riding the latest, tae kwon do1500 cruiser and the beautiful 9000dragons sportsbike.

mr gin t'o-nic will be the motogp champion and laughing all the way to the bank with his yuan currency. after winning 8 championships in a row. ( or abacus )
    just like jap bikes were laughed at, and are now the bike here, chinese and korean bikes will be number 1! :LOL:

/end sarcasm
  2. I have had Chinese bikes and a few friends have had Chinese and Korean bikes, and they have all been unreliable pieces of poo, but some easy enough to fix. But I have just had soo many bad experiences with them, I'll never buy another bike with 'Made in China' on it.

And now any time I think of a Chinese or Korean bike, all I can think about are really cheap, dodgy bikes from places like 'Power Cycles'.
  3. I don't think Japanese quality control was ever as bad as the Chinese variety. Not since their bikes started to make it to the West anyway.
  4. Nice Troll

Don't feed the troll.
  5. They'll eventually be motorcycle powerhouses - both countries are manufacturing giants and with the kinds of volumes they deal with, they'll get their act together soon enough. Wouldn't catch me buying one though. I prefer my unreliable Japanese bike.
  6. People dislike crap bikes. Japs bikes are generally no longer crap, hence people like them.

Simple really.
  7. Because people are racist when it comes to products. Everyone hates Chinese/Korean branded goods. Little do they realise that the internals are made in China/Korea then shipped to Japan/USA/Australia/Germany to be assembled so they can put a "Made in (not China)" sticker on it. People then think its the best thing since sliced bread.

Have a look at your you-beaut computer/laptop/DVD player/TV and I'll bet that all the important parts are made in China/Taiwan/Korea.
  8. Spoken by someone who doesn't know what racism is.

You can't expect to make crap motorcycles and then play the race card when nobody buys them. Race has nothing to do with it. It's the fact that China have a reputation of making crap.

Chinese bike manufacturers seem to have next to no quality control and churn out hundreds of crap bikes. Maybe some people have bought Chinese bikes before that weren't piles of crap, if so it's news to me.

I've never met anyone that had a Chinese dirt bike or trail bike that was any good, and all my mates have bought them in the past.

Maybe China are good at making components, but they certainly aren't good at putting those components together to make bikes.
  9. i need more confidence as a consumer before i'd sit on "MADE IN CHINA" at 100kph+
  10. Actually I am well aware of what racism is. I was a victim of it growing up. Though, I'll admit that I haven't used it in the right context here.

Essentially, you get what you pay for. Chinese products are built to a price. If you want a cheap product, you have to be prepared to sacrifice something. In this case and most other cases, this is quality and/or reliability. You can't expect to pay $5000 and demand the performance of a Ducati. There's a reason why Chinese products are cheap. Its because the consumer demands it. The example I always turn to is electronics (DSP, ASIC, PCBs and the like). As I have said before, most household electronics have internals that are made by Chinese companies or factories... no one seems to complain. Look inside your mobile phone or high end computer/stereo. Chinese parts, I guarantee it.
  11. I have an alarm clock I paid 20 bucks for ten years ago, still going like it was new, made in China, along with most my stuff. I don't have a problem buying most products (depending what they are) made in China, only bikes.

Just checked my Rjays MX helmet to find, made in China. See, I'm not against Chinese made stuff if I put my head in a Chinese made helmet. Only bikes because I've never seen a good bike made in China.
  12. I've sat on "Made in My Shed" at well above that and lived to tell the tale, and my welding isn't even up to Chinese standards :grin:.
  13. It's got nothing to do with where they're made (for me), I just don't feel chinese bikes are of high enough quality, not the ones I have seen anyway.

That said, if you'd asked me a few years ago I would have said I would never touch a Hyosung or a Hyundai either. Well, I still wouldn't buy a Hyundai, but I might consider a Hyosung.

As has been said, the individual needs to weigh up the cost vs quality and for me, all the chinese bikes I've seen don't add up, yet.

Someone once said to me, the chinese are great at producing individual components, but when it comes to getting various components to all work together it's best left to someone else.
  14. I understood that the main fabrication plants of the Jap 4 were in China and Taiwan. Perhaps I'm wrong.
  15. I read a while back that China has just unveiled it's new bullet train.

Might just be me... but a 300kmh rail mounted building, constructed by the Chinese is something that I just can't see myself getting into any time soon. :eek:hno:
  16. I dislike dislike threads!!!

And just to clear it all up for everyone. It comes down to quality control. One of my mates has been there to see a number of factories. And basically what it comes down to (like everywhere else) is some places are good, and others aren't. Such as, one factory was clean, had a 10% staff turn over (which is good for China), invested in their staff, paid them more than the other companies, and had German looking after the quality and management. As a result the end product was perfect. It if wasn't quality control picked it up.

On the other hand, he went to another one. Dirty, old machinery, didn't give a rats about their staff (70% staff turn over...) Chinese quality control, and those people were also poorly trained. And the products were rubbish.

Its ok when its a pump or a drill, as the thing costs 1/4 as much as the good one. So you can buy 4 before its worth buying the exxy better made one.

A bike however, if it fails, you may loose your life. You may also only need to replace a $2 part. But if your drill breaks, you get annoyed. Get a screw driver to finish the job, and go down to bunnings for another $25 drill when you get the chance.
  17. Except for most of my parts have "Made in Japan" stamped on them.... :nopity:

No doubt the Chinese make a lot of things, but their quality control is low as their main aim is volume.
  18. dangerous davio hit the nail on the head Chinese bike quality depends on what factory produced it, some can be good some can be bad. The main problem with the bad reputation here is that to many importers have in the past chased the $$$$ profit and have acquired their product from the lower quality factories in an effort to increase there profit line. Then add to this many of the owners of Chinese bikes are unskilled in maintenance this leads to premature failure. I race Chinese bikes and I build the motors myself I have seen many component failures but I have also seen many Chinese bikes that standup to constant race track abuse without any problems, like any bike it will only ever be as reliable as the quality of the maintenance that is performed.
    My bike that has done over 18 months of track days with just regular maintenance and is still quick (for it's class)
  19. And now you take revenge by unfairly accusing others of it, at the same time making yourself feel morally superior. Psychologists and philosophers refer to this as 'narcissistic victimhood'. Before you clarified your position I was going to suggest it was this, or that of the person who makes themselves feel superior through their indignation at the presumed racism of stereotypical others, usually of their own group. Both strike me as examples of something which is at the heart of things like...racism.

War with the Japanese tore apart the lives of the two generations of my family before me, but those of us who ride bikes are well prepared to move on, and to buy Japanese (as we all have repeatedly done) provided the quality is there.

We're not talking about 'Chinese products'. We're talking about 'Chinese bikes'.

I often chat with a fellow who runs one of the bigger shop retailers of Chinese bikes (incl registered) in this country. He says that half the problem is that, in their experience, the manufacturers get something right, but don't stick consistently with it. Sounds like there's a number of manufacturing flaws that need to be worked out (and of course, in response to the question, we're speaking generally).
  20. Well, I'm not accusing anyone of being racist. I just couldn't think of another word that describes "fear of a product made in a particular country". Perhaps Xenophobic would have been a better word? I'm not sure and I'm not having a go at anyone. Personally I couldn't care less if you don't want to buy something. I don't make or lose money out of it. But my point is that some people look at a product made in a particular country or region and say "Oh dear god, no WAY I'm going near that" without any experience on the product. Much like how some riders put down Harleys without ever having ridden one.

Anyway I've said enough.