Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Why do they let them out after dark????

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Guest, May 5, 2006.

1. So after losing all my credits cards etc etc @ bike mart there was some humor that night....

A Scooter with the # plate "ANTY" . . . . . . My Goodness.... Very very very funny moment when he decided to lanesplit between me and the right hand curb.
    There wasn't much room cos I move over so people can lanesplit up the middle... anywho this genius wants to lanesplit on the otherside of me. . . Murphys Law...
    He gets half up side the car, now i'm not sure if you guys have seen them but a lot of the curbs around Punt Road are quite high (higher than normal),then all I hear is that
    lovely sound of scooter grinding on pavement ... music to thy ears.... With it's owner strugging to keep it upright the lights turn green.... Now he's stuck... I do the right thing andwait for him to get scrape all the way past me, laughing at him for being a moron. Then he gets all pissy and screams around the corner at about 10kmph... twenty seconds later ... 25kmph.

Then my girlfriend, in her sweet Russian Naive voice says "why do they let them out after dark", "they are too dumb".
    It was most certainly the highlight of my evening. ;-)

2. Trust me, they're out in daylight too. Saw two scooter morons this week, one with an L plate and a fetish for running red lights, and another doofus scooting along without a helmet. The helmet-less idiot made me laugh though, he rides pase me (I'm stopped at the front of lights), looks at me, then looks at me again, pulls over and gets his helmet out of his underseat storage and puts it on. I must look like an undercover cop!
  3. Maybe he just can't tell the diference between a Triumph and A BMW.
  4. Well done lids I would have had cars beeping me cause I would have been still sitting there pissing myself with tears in the eyes, Then I would have probably had a bit more fun and had a play beside him what a f%$#&*g knob

Maybe the helmetless dude was trying to get your respect buy putting his helmet on :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: not :LOL: :LOL:
  5. Maybe he just thought.... "Oh that man is wearing a helmet, I wonder what for??" "I guess i'll put one one anyway to look more like a bike motorbike rider"

Up until then, I hadn't had a problem with a scooter rider, but that was just plain old dumb... For the next hour I was trying to work out the logic of what he did, but my brain wouldn't turn down that low.
  6. Mate go to darwin, dry season, they have scooter hire. we did it as a club back in my patriot days, farkin funny 10 big bikies all leather clad terrorising mitchell st on scooters peak tourist season, got some laughs tho too :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Had some as well :p :p :p :p :p
  7. I once saw a lady on a scooter wearing a bicycle helmet.
    She obviously thought "well it's not a real bike so I don't need a real helmet"
    I guess I should be grateful she was wearing anything on her head!!!

Disclaimer: my brother rides a scooter & I actually have nothing against scooter riders - just hate dumb riders of all types
  8. Is there a petition against scooter riders somewhere?

I mean I've seen the petition against Hyo riders but wheres the scooter one?
  9. While I see the humour in the postings about scooter riders here...

If I had a dollar for all the times I have seen a motorcyclist do something dumb or dangerous in and around Sydney...I would be close to getting Bill Gates income.
  10. Yeah... have to agree with ya there.... we would be rich!!
  11. I've seen scooters that would out run your huck suck liddonit :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  12. I was particularly impressed the other day with the scooterist using a segregated bicycle lane against the flow of traffic in a one way street. The bike lane was one way as well and he was going against that and went head to head with some pushies. They yelled at him so he threw them the bird, as did his pillion.

Of course, followed shortly thereafter I saw a P plater on a VTR250 riding at about 15kph along a footpath THROUGH PEDESTRIANS for about 30m so he could get to a parking spot against the flow of traffic in a one way street...with his helmet hanging on a mirror.

It is a f^&*ing circus out there.
  13. That it is... specially with that ugly bastard BIKIE... he smells so bad that I had to stick my head up my arse to get away from his stench!
  14. You never get close enough to me on that thing you call a bike(i got a peewee 50 that will drag ya off) to smell me ,what you do smell is your own arse as you have admitted to it. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  15. Your stench permeates for miles and miles around you... thats why the Govt. makes you live near avenal..... Werribee couldn't stand you!!!
  16. I wouldnt live in werribee if I didnt stink :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  17. I saw a scooter using a pedestrian overpass the other day, i didnt yell at him because i was too suprised to see him coming at me over it.
  18. what petition would that be
  19. Right-Click Save as Here (~2.5mb)

This is one tricked out scooter!!!