Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Why do I have to log on twice?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Pink Angel, Apr 21, 2005.

1. This has been annoying me for some time now and I was wondering if it is just me or the whole system.

When I log in, I am using the correct name and password, it accepts it and goes to the main forum page again, but it shows that I am not logged in. So I have to log in a second time before it actually acknowledges me. But then I have no new messages. So the system is half acknowledging me as coming on, I think.......

This is happening on every occasion that I have to log in. Can anyone tell me what is going on?

Thank you :?

2. open your cookies settings and delete all cookies referring to netrider.
    Make sure the browser is pointed to netrider.net.au
    Also make sure you have set your browser to accept cookies from this server.
    If this is all geek talk to you then sorry i can't explain it simpler without me coming over and showing you.
  3. It happens to me when I am using Firefox but IE seems OK (there you go people 'IE seems OK' used in a sentence)

Splashfire, using Kellys computer
  4. OK, got my identity back!

I have been having some trouble with the way Firefox uses cookies. When I log on it goes to the next page which states that I have to log on. However at this point all of the new message, thread, PM and user counters reset to zero which indicates that the browser logs me on then logs me off within the same action and then requires me to log on again.
  5. Thank you for your attempt to help Smee, but this is what I make of it:

It is usually my eyes that are doing the browsing, but I would accept cookies from anyone serving them (espcially if they are chocolate chip from Mrs Field :D )

:D :LOL: :wink: :D
  6. I have no problem using Firefox, that is using the netrider.net.au site anyway.