Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Why did the motorcyclist cross the road?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Kit, Mar 20, 2008.

1. I had a bit of an odd thought today as I was crossing the street.. You see, if I park my bike and have to cross the street to get where I want to walk to, I generally leave my gear on. Call me paranoid or taking ATGATT too seriously, but I figure if I get hit by a car, it's probably better to have my gear on, even if it's only marginally. Anyone else think like this, or am I just weird?

Anyway, I was thinking, has anyone ever been saved from injury by wearing their gear, but not actually riding?

2. ive recently made a habit of going ATGATT to bed when my gf gets way too toey.Its proven to be most sufficient to prevent injuries.particularly the back protector :LOL:
  3. [​IMG]
  4. [​IMG]

Don't kill me mods ... :p
  5. Does ATGATT mean "All the gear all the time"?

If so, I'm the greatest person who ever lived for figuring that out all on my own
  6. A year or two ago I was opening the shed door, pulling it up by the padlock when the chain broke. I fell back down the hill, landing flat on my arse, then rolling back over my shoulders and head (was in a rush so opened door with force). Had I not been in full kit at the time I would have required a bandaid and a kiss better for sure. :shock:

Yes it does and yes, you probably are. :LOL:
  7. Arsehole Tail-Gaiters Arent That inTelligent....bah it almost worked....
  8. Wouldn't be easier to park on the side of the street you are going to??? :)
  9. Your a dousche bag, i'll give you 2k for your bike
  10. yes but did consider the prospect that removing your helemt will decrease the likelihood of you getting collected by a car since you are more likely to see and hear it? :shock:

thanks for the post by the way, it made my hung over start to work somewhat more funny :LOL:
  11. 'Talented' works ;)
  12. Full face helmets kept down have protected me from contacting potentially lethal diseases such as legionaires, bird flu and anthrax.

ATGATT and live on!
  13. I was going to suggest 'Thoughtful'. :)