Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

whos still waiting for their ninja?

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by ibanezboy21, May 18, 2008.

1. ordered in march, still waiting...
    the wait is killing me

2. Let me guess, you paid full retail too?

Regards, Andrew.
  3. Waiting for mine but I only paid the deposit last week. Last heard it should be here by the end of the month has the dealer had it on order a fair while ago. Keeping my fingers crossed. :grin:
  4. i'm still waiting... i've been told "sometime in may" so hopefully its soon...
  5. i was a little disappointed with the colour choices available to Australia. The Blue and the green just looked awesome. Seriously considering a respray for mine but am a little warey of the consequences.
  6. Hi Guys,

What prices are you getting on road cost and which dealers given reasonable price ? thanks...
  7. I got mine for $7200 on-road, but got great deal on all my gear but if you want more info check out https://netrider.net.au/forums/viewtopic.php?t=48394

thats where i got all my ninja info and opinions :wink:
  8. Mine is going to be about the same price.
  9. i pit a deposit down late january and i'm still waiting. i'm next in line though and i've been told it'll definately be here in may
  10. Well still waiting on the bike - however my cowl came today from USA.. makes me think if this can get to AUS in less than 8 days how long it it takes for a bike to come from JAP.... hmmmm
  11. well.. im waiting for mine.

supposed to be here in may...

thats the word from a certain dealer in Brighton anyway.

its taking ages! dont make me have to get a VTR please!@#
  12. i wished i picked up that red one that day i saw that day but noo i said i'll wait for a black one....
  13. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

silly kawasaki buyers!!

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  14. i rang that certain dealer and the shipment has made it to AUS just waiting on transit 4 bikes to get to melb - latest should be mid/late next week ride away! :LOL: :LOL:

yea silly us joel... :oops:
  15. Called my dealer today(about the bike :LOL: )...still nothing. :(

Looks like he didn't get his allocation.
  16. Hmmmmm. Call me a cynic if you want, but I'm in sales and........ermmmm ..........you don't think he might be fibbing do you?

Just a thought.
  17. Makes me think I'll have no problems matching the level of service with the more expensive brands when I sell a far cheaper product with assumed by the masses to have lesser service....

I'd be pretty filthy paying for a new bike and waiting so long for it....
  18. I hope not. He only has two on order so it's not as if there is a great demand here.
  19. I seriously doubt he is lying. When supply is short the larger countries (ie US and Europe) take preference over Australia and we are fed last.

FYI I'm a Supply Chain Manager in a very large international company and i am constantly dealing with this sort of thing. The problem is the store has absolutely no control over your bike. Stock may arrive in Oz but Kawasaki Australia may allocate it to someone else. I would assume Kawasaki are allocating on a FIFO basis for people waiting but only they can tell you that.

This is why i am looking at an Aprilia RS125 for my wife. I can get it inside a week versus 12+ weeks of wondering when my Ninja might turn up. I'm sure once you guys get it the wait will be worthwhile though!! Looks awesome :grin:
  20. I ordered mine on the 11 of april and apparently should have it within 3 weeks worse case but Iam now the first person on the waiting list :p So next one is mine